Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

Clouds playground!

(1/14) > >>

Aram Avetisyan:
New Clouds are available in Corona 9 Daily Build!
Check them out in CoronaSky and share your results!

P.S. Thanks Maru for the renders!

marchik:
By the way, did I understand correctly that cirrus clouds cannot be randomized?

romullus:
Feature request: it would be nice to have cloud shadows as optional - sometimes you set the lighting and you don't want it to change, but you want to have few clouds in the sky without affecting anything else in the scene. I find cloud shadows quite a hit and miss, especially since they act so unpredictably in IR.

Juraj:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2022-08-24, 14:18:06 ---Feature request: it would be nice to have cloud shadows as optional - sometimes you set the lighting and you don't want it to change, but you want to have few clouds in the sky without affecting anything else in the scene. I find cloud shadows quite a hit and miss, especially since they act so unpredictably in IR.

--- End quote ---

Do they cast occlusion shadows? Something that HDRi bitmap that looks visually the same does not? Or you mean all lighting in general such as brighter white cloud contributing bit of additional light.

romullus:
They actually do, at least i think so. Sometimes it looks weird when shadows from the sun and the clouds are kinda mixing together and often they're simply annoying, when you move the sun and the shadows pops in and out constantly and worst of all that you can't trust IR - sometimes you get cloud shadows, but if you restart IR they disappear, or IR and regular rendering gives different result. I'm sure most of these issues will be ironed out, but having an option to opt out of cloud shadows, can't hurt i think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version