Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

CoronaPattern playground!

<< < (2/33) > >>

aaouviz:
Tested out some basic bricks. Flawless so far.

It takes a bit of getting used to with all the various coordinates needed across the uvw mapping, the modifier itself and the object, but this allows for lots of control too, I guess :)

rowmanns:

--- Quote from: marchik on 2022-07-14, 05:02:33 ---One more, while the IR is running and the checkbox "Use pattern material" is checked, then changes in the pattern material (for example, changing the color) are not updated, you must reassign the material or restart the interactive.

--- End quote ---
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. I have reproduced it and will forward to the devs.

Cheers,

Rowan

(Internal ID=930829497)

rowmanns:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2022-07-13, 12:18:30 ---Feature requests

* i think it would be more logical to have pattern offset at 0 by default, instead of 1
* it would be nice if adjusting pattern offset would move crop box gizmo in viewport, to provide better visual cue to the user
* it's nice that we have an option to choose UVWs between pattern and base objects, but sometimes (quite often) i want to have both. Maybe good solution would be to have dedicated surface map, like Chaos Scatter has, which would let to get base object's colours without sacrificing pattern object's UVs. In fact both, the Scatter and The Pattern could share the same map
* random offset is nice, but it has big drawback - it makes seams by not respecting pattern boundaries. I would love to have an option to distort pattern with map, or with in-built noise, that would preserve pattern boundaries. It would be basically the same as distorting base object's UVs, but on much finer level.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: marchik on 2022-07-13, 16:08:50 ---CoronaPattern works like a charm, I only have 2 questions:

1) is it possible to add a random rotation option, this would come in handy when scattering grass samples

2) Is it possible to add a scaling option (in order to get an overlap of individual patterns and not cut them strictly in a rectangle)
however, as far as I understand, point 2 is not feasible in the current realities

--- End quote ---
Hi,

I have logged these, I will speak to the devs and see what can be done.

Cheers,

Rowan

(Internal ID=930833231)

marchik:
just testing

Edit: omg romullus, I missclicked and selected the wrong topic, please delete or move this msg)

Ondra:
Leave it, it looks cool ;)

We just need bug reports in one place

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version