Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Feature Requests

"Override pass/... Limits" Button in VFB

(1/2) > >>

alexyork:
Hi folks,

One issue we come across quite often is when we're doing lots of little Corona Regions in a render, to test or fix certain things. If we have an overall pass limit for the scene already set, say 200 passes, when rendering these little c-regions it's very easy to "run out" of passes very very quickly, leaving you with not enough to do more regions. You then need to stop the render and do a new one, (remembering to turn off Clear VFB) so you can do those other regions. It's cumbersome.

A nice solution would be a simple button on the VFB that allows you to temporarily override the pass limit for the scene, to allow you to keep doing more and more regions or to let corona cook away at certain stubborn areas that might need more passes to clean up than you realised.

Some kind of "Override Limits" button, which would temporarily disable any noise limit, pass limit and time limit settings you've enabled for the scene.

Cheers,

maru:
Hmm I can imagine this being a problem if you forget to disable such override.

alexyork:

--- Quote from: maru on 2016-10-05, 15:58:24 ---Hmm I can imagine this being a problem if you forget to disable such override.

--- End quote ---

Have it switch back off after each render is finished or cancelled?

romullus:

--- Quote from: alexyork on 2016-10-05, 10:39:30 --- You then need to stop the render and do a new one, (remembering to turn off Clear VFB) so you can do those other regions. It's cumbersome.

A nice solution would be a simple button on the VFB that allows you to temporarily override the pass limit for the scene, to allow you to keep doing more and more regions or to let corona cook away at certain stubborn areas that might need more passes to clean up than you realised.

--- End quote ---

I think much better solution would be to press resume last render button instead of starting anew.

alexyork:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2016-10-05, 16:11:14 ---
--- Quote from: alexyork on 2016-10-05, 10:39:30 --- You then need to stop the render and do a new one, (remembering to turn off Clear VFB) so you can do those other regions. It's cumbersome.

--- End quote ---

I think much better solution would be to press resume last render button instead of starting anew.

--- End quote ---

Doesn't really solve the problem though, because it could easily be your first render with no previous render to resume from.

I'm thinking of this more as a kind of "panic button" that you hit if you realise you're going to run out of passes and/or time in order to accommodate your current regions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version