Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

Corona 1.4 render setup UI overhaul

<< < (9/9)

romullus:

--- Quote from: noel20 on 2016-03-04, 18:05:32 ---
--- Quote from: pokoy on 2016-03-04, 08:49:42 ---Here's another voice against removal of this parameter, I already had 2 jobs where I needed to increase it. I'm pretty sure it'll prove useful regularly, not often, but every now and then for sure.

--- End quote ---
Hi pokoy, may i know what kind of scene that need higher value than 25? Never thought there is a case that makes the scene needs more number of light bouncing

--- End quote ---

A scene with a lot of refractive objects, perhaps? https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,10005.0.html

pokoy:

--- Quote from: noel20 on 2016-03-04, 18:05:32 ---
--- Quote from: pokoy on 2016-03-04, 08:49:42 ---Here's another voice against removal of this parameter, I already had 2 jobs where I needed to increase it. I'm pretty sure it'll prove useful regularly, not often, but every now and then for sure.

--- End quote ---
Hi pokoy, may i know what kind of scene that need higher value than 25? Never thought there is a case that makes the scene needs more number of light bouncing

--- End quote ---

Sure. I tried to simulate heat haze with particle flow objects faced to camera, the object would have a map for glossy refractions. In some cases I needed to increase the value.

I guess people link reflections/refractions to rendering glass or reflective surfaces, in this case the 25 bounces limit is reasonable. There may be other cases though where people 'abuse' the renderer for something completely different.

Nekrobul:
To be more obvious why we need MRD.

burnin:
^Sure thing. Thank you!
From experience had noticed that simple users don't see the reason to why or the benefits (cuz it takes longer to render), then when need occurs, they just call it a bug.

vertigo1:
+1 for simplicity.

Perhaps rather than "Advanced" settings, there could be "Override" settings. A place only for the brave to muster the courage to enter in those circumstances when they have something to render that falls in the 5% not handled well enough by simplicity and automation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version