Author Topic: Saving render elements and final render from frame buffer  (Read 10510 times)

2014-07-13, 15:38:58

moadr

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Vermeer by Stableworks
Hello dear fellow Coronauts! :)

So I would like to request a feature with describing my problem (maybe there is a better, or another solution in the end for it).

So the problem, that I'm facing, is for example I want to make a preview render, so I set up the "save output" folder in the render setup tab, and I also activate all the render elements, so everything is saved out together to the specified folder. This is clear, after my rendering is finished, I have all my passes saved out and I can work with them.

So my problem is, when I want to continue to work on my image, I deactivate the "save file" option (sorry, I don't have a Max open in front of me at the moment so I can't give you the exact name for the option, but I guess you get the idea what I'm talking about ;) ), but if I don't deactivate the render elements, because I want to see in the framebuffer what is going on on the different passes, than those still get saved out when I make a preview render.
The solution that I found is either I deactivate the render elements, but this is not an option in all cases, or I setup a temp folder somewhere and I set that up as my output saving folder. But with this second option for example I still have to wait after the rendering is finished while Corona saves out all the different passes, which can take some time if you are preparing some high resolution images.

So my question and request would be, that isn't it possible, to achieve something similar, that we had with Vray, that you can have all of your passes rendered out without saving them anywhere. And in the end having an option at the frame buffer to save all passes out, or have a save output option in the render settings tab, that is not the basic one of 3ds Max, but a similar solution, that Vray has.

Don't get me wrong I really enjoy using Corona and don't want to compare it to Vray, just it makes it easier for me to describe what I'm actually talking about and maybe it's also easier for you to understand :)

I hope you could get the idea what I was talking about, but if something was not clear, than I will gladly try to desribe it more precisely.

Thanks,
Adrian
Adrian Moorsel

Vermeer by Stableworks   |   https://stableworks.tech

2014-07-13, 18:47:28
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
when you click and hold the save button in VFB, a new button shows up that does exactly what you want ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-07-15, 00:52:10
Reply #2

moadr

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Vermeer by Stableworks
Ohh, thanks for your answer and sorry for my unnecessary question :)

So if I'm right, than that gives me the answer for how to save out all the different passes at the same time from the frame buffer. But than if I'm correct, that problem still exists, that if I set up in the render settings to automatically save out my rendering after an exact amount of passes for example, than if I continue to work on my project and I only uncheck the "save file" option and leave the render elements active, than it will still overwrite all my older existing render elements with the new ones.

This problem exists, because if you set up once the "save file" option and define an output folder, max will set up automatically all the different render elements at the same time to save out in the same folder with the appropriate prefixes, but after you uncheck the "save file" option, all of the render elements will still have that original output folder defined and will get saved after you finish a rendering.

I hope it's clear what I'm trying to say, but if not, than I will try to describe it tomorrow with a couple of screenshots :) I guess, that this is a problem of the default max saving output surface (and maybe that's why Vray for instance have a totally separate save option).

Thanks in advance,
Adrian
Adrian Moorsel

Vermeer by Stableworks   |   https://stableworks.tech