Author Topic: Going to the dark side - Corona test  (Read 2072 times)

2013-11-09, 10:34:18

moadr

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Vermeer by Stableworks
As many other people in this forum, I'm also trying out what this Corona renderer is capable of :)

I'm not saying, that I'm an expert in visualisation, but in the past 6 month I've tried to dig myself deeper and deeper in it to gain some knowledge. I'm a 3ds Max and Vray user in general as many of us in this field. So I've attached a scene of mine, that originally was made for and rendered by Vray, with it's own materials, etc. So when I wanted to try out what Corona can do with it, I went with the easy way, just ran the awesome script that I found on this forum to convert the whole scene and after some minor tweaks in the render settings I left my midweight laptop to figure out something while I went to grab a couple beers with some friends ;)

I don't really know what to say, maybe I had some problems to really understand vray and figure out all the details in the settings (it's hard to achieve a good render with my setup, because I can't just pop up every setting to the roof and say it's done) but the final result with Corona is really impressive. Thinking about it, that the lighting setup, the materials and everything was set for Vray and just after running a simple script (because I think if you originally create your materials for Corona, the result can be even better) it produced a better and more detailed result ...

If you feel like, please tell me your opinion, now I will sit in the corner, cry, and try to figure out how can I get better results :)

p.s. the images attached, of course, are raw renders.
Adrian Moorsel

Vermeer by Stableworks   |   https://stableworks.tech

2013-11-09, 11:34:16
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)