Author Topic: Blue Bedroom. CG Interior Images.  (Read 4442 times)

2019-03-05, 00:54:40

arqpv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys, Just wanted to share this personal project I've been working on.
In this bedroom interior I'm practicing fabrics simulation, complementary colors/contrast and the use of lower budget materials as finishes, like this roofing.
Any feedback will be appreciated!

I used 3ds max, Corona, marvelous designer, photoshop and Lightroom.

This project on Behance:
https://www.behance.net/gallery/76787407/Blue-Bedroom-CG-Images

2019-03-05, 03:14:29
Reply #1

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
nice palette, got a denim scheme.   
Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB

2019-03-07, 01:04:12
Reply #2

arqpv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I did try to establish a palette and exclude all other colors from the scene.
Thank you Noah for that comment.

2019-03-07, 10:53:07
Reply #3

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Lovely images.

I am currently doing an office fit out and the space is quite deep, what lighting set did you use to get that so well lit?
Dell Precision T7910

2019-03-07, 11:25:30
Reply #4

arqpv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well. When the space is deep enough there’s a point where there’s no more light getting inside, and balancing natural light with artificial is always tricky. Right now the only hdri set I’m using is the one from 3dcollective.com, which is really well produced, all the skies with the correct dynamic range to naturally light environments.
In this case I used one of their hdris so the sky would look somewhat cloudy, I added a corona sun with the kelvin temperature modified to something like 6000k, bigger size, low intensity, and also cheated a bit with a rectangular light just outside the balcony adding some extra fill. It’s especially hard when the diffuse value of your materials is low, they don’t bounce a lot of light.  The rest are the artificial lights themselves, which are just spheres or cylinder lights in a warm temperature and low value.

Although I did make a rookie mistake here and did not align the hdri sun with the corona sun correctly, it’s mildly noticeable in the overhead view, the chair is casting shadows to the left while the sunlight is coming in from the top left.
When I get a chance at home I’ll take some screenshots of the lighting setup

2019-04-11, 10:18:19
Reply #5

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Thank you for the answer, very helpful.

Well. When the space is deep enough there’s a point where there’s no more light getting inside, and balancing natural light with artificial is always tricky. Right now the only hdri set I’m using is the one from 3dcollective.com, which is really well produced, all the skies with the correct dynamic range to naturally light environments.
In this case I used one of their hdris so the sky would look somewhat cloudy, I added a corona sun with the kelvin temperature modified to something like 6000k, bigger size, low intensity, and also cheated a bit with a rectangular light just outside the balcony adding some extra fill. It’s especially hard when the diffuse value of your materials is low, they don’t bounce a lot of light.  The rest are the artificial lights themselves, which are just spheres or cylinder lights in a warm temperature and low value.

Although I did make a rookie mistake here and did not align the hdri sun with the corona sun correctly, it’s mildly noticeable in the overhead view, the chair is casting shadows to the left while the sunlight is coming in from the top left.
When I get a chance at home I’ll take some screenshots of the lighting setup
Dell Precision T7910

2019-04-11, 10:38:35
Reply #6

Ink Visual

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is brilliant. I really like soft and calm feeling you achieved. What are the textures you used for the fabrics? They look very sophisticated.