Author Topic: Hdri lighting problem?  (Read 4086 times)

2014-06-09, 23:29:30

vash

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

i had some time to finally try out corona today and i got some decent quick results so far.
But regarding Hdri lighting i came across a problem that i cant solve by myself. I basicly set up a scene with just an hdri in the environment slot and the standard corona settings. My gamma settings are input: 2,2 and output: 1,0 just the same as with vray.
Of course i can reduce the multiplier on the hdri to fix the overbright spots (as seen in pic4), but since the lighting parameter should work analog to vray(?) i guess that there is something wrong the way i set up the scene.
Im using an hdri from peter btw.

2014-06-09, 23:44:54
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Corona settings>Exposure and color mapping>Exposure (EV) - play with it.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-06-10, 04:34:36
Reply #2

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Gamma output 1.0?...Thought it was 2.2 in and out. I just remembering reading about in another thread.... Found it!...https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,355.msg2548.html#msg2548

Also always try overall 1 and render multiply 1 on those P.G hdris and play with exposure on render tabs. (Maybe its just me).
What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...

2014-06-10, 17:44:06
Reply #3

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
If you want the settings in RenderSettings to apply, you need to tick "override camera", otherwise exposure by your Camera/Scene (EV) aplies. There is no difference to Vray here.

Gamma output 1.0?...Thought it was 2.2 in and out. I just remembering reading about in another thread.... Found it!...https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,355.msg2548.html#msg2548

Output doesn't matter at all, it doesn't affect render in any way. It's "output", what your render gets saved with. The setting in Gamma/Lut merely sets default to suite your workflow in pre-2014, i.e. 1.0 for .exr/.hdr and 2.2 for every other format (png/tiff/jpeg/etc..)
2014+ it's automatic, and can't be set (inside Max) manually anymore, might help with the never-ending confusion people have.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!