Author Topic: 3ds Max Application Error - Corrupted file on Save  (Read 1453 times)

2021-12-15, 13:31:48

hurrycat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

we all know how 3ds Max scenes like to get corrupted some times (maybe once-twice per project for me). So far I have been lucky in recovering most of the contents through merging the latest file or Autobak into a new scene, although usually at the cost of several unused materials or Render settings.

These previous times it's due to some geometry/Editable poly that got corrupted, but right now I am dealing with a file that gets corrupted everytime I save it. I can merge all contents into a new scene and continue working on it but if I save it and then try to reopen, I get the same Application error all over again.

I have tried to delete the ENU folder with no success, so I would like to know If you are aware of any other reason why a 3ds Max file might get corrupted. Also, when merging this file into a new scene I am getting the error I have attached.

Thank you

2021-12-21, 12:05:22
Reply #1

philipbonum

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've had larger scenes get corrupted from the "Compress on save" setting, so I always keep it off. You might want to check if it is on and then turn it off.

2021-12-21, 13:31:57
Reply #2

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

we all know how 3ds Max scenes like to get corrupted some times (maybe once-twice per project for me). So far I have been lucky in recovering most of the contents through merging the latest file or Autobak into a new scene, although usually at the cost of several unused materials or Render settings.

These previous times it's due to some geometry/Editable poly that got corrupted, but right now I am dealing with a file that gets corrupted everytime I save it. I can merge all contents into a new scene and continue working on it but if I save it and then try to reopen, I get the same Application error all over again.

I have tried to delete the ENU folder with no success, so I would like to know If you are aware of any other reason why a 3ds Max file might get corrupted. Also, when merging this file into a new scene I am getting the error I have attached.

Thank you
Hi,

Did you try running some scene cleaner on this file such as prune scene or sini forensic? Maybe that could help you find the problem.

Cheers!
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!