Author Topic: Corona Renderer 7 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 175700 times)

2021-03-31, 20:48:47
Reply #255

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It already shouldn't, but if the normals are wrong (that is, needs Gamma adjustment checked in the Corona Normal and it isn't checked), or if the base layer bump is particularly super strong, it can show up in the clear coat. This is already being looked into :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-03-31, 20:50:59
Reply #256

JeffPatton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jeffpatton.net
Sorry, I just saw the posts about it in the dedicated physical material thread.
Workstation: AMD Threadripper 3970x with 128gb RAM and 2x Titan RTX GPUs (win10 pro)

2021-03-31, 21:51:35
Reply #257

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
NP! Better something reported twice than not at all :) Just wanted to let you know the current status.

2021-04-01, 01:55:03
Reply #258

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It already shouldn't, but if the normals are wrong (that is, needs Gamma adjustment checked in the Corona Normal and it isn't checked), or if the base layer bump is particularly super strong, it can show up in the clear coat. This is already being looked into :)

can you reproduce my case with too little normal bump intensity, at which it appears on the clearcoat layer? or was it only noticed if the intensity was too high?

2021-04-01, 11:27:30
Reply #259

Igor Lapin

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Please tell me how you can work normally in interactive mode with this new buckets render ... make it possible to disable it
And IR Subsampling... nothing is visible because of these squares. Only annoying. Thank goodness it can be turned off.
Design By Artline.

2021-04-03, 05:54:00
Reply #260

Rendermonkey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It seems the Bugtracker is not really up to date so this is why I post it here.
Please take a look at the converter script... I do only get bad conversions from Vray into the new physical material.

Regards!

2021-04-04, 23:35:18
Reply #261

tallbox

• Active Users
  • George Nicola
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualizations | TALLBOX
Hi, Coronatus :)
I've noticed that my 3990x is utilizing only 30% of its cores when rendering selected mode is: viewport selection (daily from 22.03.2021)
Is it only on my end?

Additionally, whenever I import an object made with v-ray materials and try to convert the corona converted materials, the diffuse map is always deleted, and the color is set to black.

Anyone?
Architectural Visualizations / Deep work practitioner
https://www.tallboxdesign.com

2021-04-05, 12:27:19
Reply #262

tip01

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey! I do not see projections in the windows, except for the perspective of light sources. The sun is fine. Max 2022

2021-04-05, 13:04:15
Reply #263

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey! I do not see projections in the windows, except for the perspective of light sources. The sun is fine. Max 2022

Yeah, the same here, I've mentioned it last week after 2022 released.

2021-04-05, 14:00:06
Reply #264

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona has not been updated for Max 2022 yet, you'll have to wait for that to make its way into the Corona 7 daily and the next 6 hotfix.

2021-04-07, 10:05:15
Reply #265

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile

Yeah, the same here, I've mentioned it last week after 2022 released.
Hi,

So we are aware of this one, we'll have a fix for this in the upcoming daily builds.

Cheers.
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-04-07, 10:30:02
Reply #266

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It seems the Bugtracker is not really up to date so this is why I post it here.
Please take a look at the converter script... I do only get bad conversions from Vray into the new physical material.

Regards!
Hi,

The old bugtracker hasn't been used in a really long time, here is a good place to report bugs.

Can you provide a scene or some before/after screenshots of the materials which are not being converted correctly?

Cheers.
Send me your scene!

2021-04-07, 10:31:51
Reply #267

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, Coronatus :)
I've noticed that my 3990x is utilizing only 30% of its cores when rendering selected mode is: viewport selection (daily from 22.03.2021)
Is it only on my end?

Additionally, whenever I import an object made with v-ray materials and try to convert the corona converted materials, the diffuse map is always deleted, and the color is set to black.

Anyone?
Hi,

I haven't noticed the 1st issue, would you be able to provide a simple scene? I would also recommend making sure that your Windows and 3ds Max versions are fully up to date too.

Cheers
Send me your scene!

2021-04-07, 12:34:06
Reply #268

michaltimko

• Active Users
  • Coronaut (c)
    • View Profile
Not sure if someone mentioned this here but latest converter literally wipes out bitmaps in some conversion and converts vray materials as metal, probably ignoring refl.
Used it in one of my commercial scenes and it converted everything into PhysicalMat and messed up 90% of materials in the scene. Absolute mess.
« Last Edit: 2021-04-07, 12:51:47 by michaltimko »
Coronaut!(c)2011

Supporting Corona in commercial projects since pre-alpha

2021-04-07, 14:17:38
Reply #269

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure if someone mentioned this here but latest converter literally wipes out bitmaps in some conversion and converts vray materials as metal, probably ignoring refl.
Used it in one of my commercial scenes and it converted everything into PhysicalMat and messed up 90% of materials in the scene. Absolute mess.
Hi,

I'm afraid this is a hazard of the daily builds... https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000570015-corona-renderer-for-3ds-max-daily-builds

We always recommend backing up your scenes before using them in a daily build.

Would you be able to send over one of your scenes so we can use it for testing further fixes for the converter?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!