Author Topic: release 0.26  (Read 10910 times)

2014-08-04, 23:16:31

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi mayaToCorona fans. I managed to create a new version of the plugin. This time not too much new features, but a lot of internal work is done, so the next version will contain a whole bunch of interesting nodes to play with.

- switched to VS2013
- created Maya2015 plugin
- OSL: blendColors
- OSL: contrast for checkerNode
- OSL: allow component connection for color/vector
- OSL: Normal mapping
- OSL: fixed v-inverted texture orientation

2014-08-06, 14:17:37
Reply #1

max45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi!
In Maya 2015 work fine, but no texture gamma correction

2014-08-06, 14:24:20
Reply #2

octopus

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi,it's good to see a new update. I've started with previous version and it was seem really premature like you said. It's good to hear that new version is supporting normal maps but I couldn't find normal or bumb map slot in corona material. And corona also seems not supports bump or normal maps with Maya's standart materials. How can we use normal maps?

Another issue that I realised is we can't assign different material to just portion of a mesh. You can assign different shader to faces of a model without seperate it. I dont really know if we should write to wish list or bug list.
I'll keep rendering and will post when have something nice.

sorry for my english.
Gokhan

2014-08-06, 15:28:58
Reply #3

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yepp, completly correct. Did you receive the release email where I wrote:

Please read the manual concerning normal mapping.

Until I forgot to add the correct version of the pdf, there should be an description of the procedure. To be as maya compatible as possible, I use the bump2d node with one exception: I added a normalMap attribute to the bump2d node because the built-in procedure is quite error prone. So you simply load your normal map, connect it as bump map to the Corona shader and connect the normal map to the normal map attribute on the bump2d node. This should work.

bump mapping is not supported yet.

Concerning maya materials: The question is if it is necessary to support them because they can only use a subset of the corona material and a lot of paramers cannot be translated in a sophisitaced way. If you want to do anything interesting, you will have to use the Corona material anyway.

You are correct, per face materials are not yet supported. A wish list would be really great. I'd collect the ideas and start a poll.

2014-08-06, 15:35:02
Reply #4

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi!

Yes, I din't care about any gamma correction until now. Here is the question how I should implement it. Using the "Color profile" value in the file node is one way. But this may change in the next maya version or even in the extension pack. If we only need a sRGB conversion, I could add it with a check box as an option.

2014-08-06, 16:08:00
Reply #5

max45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi!

Yes, I din't care about any gamma correction until now. Here is the question how I should implement it. Using the "Color profile" value in the file node is one way. But this may change in the next maya version or even in the extension pack. If we only need a sRGB conversion, I could add it with a check box as an option.

I think better add it with a check box as an option.
Do not want to depend on maya)

When do you plan to implement render region and render stats?

2014-08-06, 16:26:54
Reply #6

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
To be honest, I have no plan at all when to implement which feature. I hoped to get a bit more feedback from beta testers to see what's neede most. But there was almost no feedback, so if you have a wishlist, let me know it :)

2014-08-06, 17:24:23
Reply #7

max45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
To be honest, I have no plan at all when to implement which feature. I hoped to get a bit more feedback from beta testers to see what's neede most. But there was almost no feedback, so if you have a wishlist, let me know it :)

Ок, I will send my wishlist on email

2014-08-06, 17:40:42
Reply #8

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great!

2014-08-07, 10:13:25
Reply #9

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Well, i think a good idea would be to implement the renderer itself first, and then implement features that 3ds Max counterpart does not have. That itself would provide a rich roadmap.

For example complete render settings UI corresponding (as identically as possible) to 3ds Max one. Support of most of the Maya native textures (even if that's a tough one)...  support of all Corona maps...  and so on...

And also making some installer, or more streamlined installation process. To this day, i still haven't been able to make anyone successfully deploy and run Corona for Maya here at work.

2014-08-07, 11:07:58
Reply #10

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You are right. I already had a look at most of the corona features and I'll try to implement them first step by step. Of course some of them cannot be reproduced because they are related to some max features.

Concerning installation: I don't think a automatic installation of the VS2013 redistributables and the manipulation of the maya.env file will solve your problem. That's all a installer would do. Strange thing is that most of the other beta testers installed it sucessfully without an installer.

2014-08-17, 17:47:42
Reply #11

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
I am curious.. is the corona for maya build currently only running on windows? or is there an OSX version too? (I am purely assuming this as I currently don't have access to corona for maya - do I?)

2014-08-18, 11:26:06
Reply #12

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, since there does not yet exists a corona version for maya, we will have no mayaToCorona for OSX. First we will need a linux/OSX version of the renderer, then we could think about other OS.

2014-08-18, 16:57:22
Reply #13

gazh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Haggi,

I'm afraid I'm still having no joy.  As soon as I hit render Maya still crashes.  I wondered if removing my prefs would help, but even with brand new prefs its a no go.

I get syntax errors and things popping up on some menus as well, for example in 'window->rendering editors->corona' I just get // Error: Line 0.92: Syntax error //

I'll keep trying though.

Cheers

Gaz

2014-08-18, 23:59:50
Reply #14

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, this menu error will be fixed hopefully in one of the next releases. I'll release a new version the next days, so please try with this new version again. Do you have access to Maya2015?
Is it correct that the example scenes work? Or do they crash as well?
« Last Edit: 2014-08-19, 00:07:38 by haggi »

2014-08-19, 11:35:26
Reply #15

gazh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Heeeeeeey

So I'm finally back in business :-)

I had a duplicate mll from somewhere that was conflicting in my plugins.  Did a fresh install on top of that and hey presto.

I've only tested a couple of things with it so far.

2014-08-19, 12:58:55
Reply #16

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ahhhh, that's good to hear. Glad you can test it now.