Author Topic: release 0.25  (Read 10839 times)

2014-06-22, 16:54:31

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There are no much new features:

release 0.25
- added OSL for texturing
- OSL: file node
- OSL: placeTexture2d node
- OSL: checker node

But it's the first step in a hopefully solid maya hypershade implementation.
In the attached image you can see some mapped attributes - reflection, emission, color, which works via OSL implementation.

2014-06-24, 12:09:22
Reply #1

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Forgot to mention that currently sub-component connections are not yet supported. e.g. outColorR -> colorGainR will fail. Only parentPlugs can be connected, but this will change soon.

2014-07-05, 12:12:28
Reply #2

Nibiru

• Active Users
    • View Profile

just  a quick test ,
finally I can use some textures (good job haggi)

Cheers

2014-07-06, 13:16:45
Reply #3

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks. I'm glad it works somehow. I'm sorry that I don't have normal maps and bump maps yet, but I'll do my very best to implement them soon.

2014-07-07, 11:36:47
Reply #4

gazh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Haggi,

Thanks for working so hard on the update.  It seems to have completely broken for me though.

I still get this when launching Maya:

// Error: file: C:/Users/Documents/corona/mayaToCorona/scripts/unifiedRenderGlobalsWindow.mel line 1158: Cannot find procedure "localizedUIMisc". //

I'm running a fully registered version of M2014. 

I was working around this before, but now using the some workaround, when trying to launch a render I just "fatal error" and crash out.  Even just with a cube in the scene.

For the update I just replaced my old folders with the new ones.  Anything I might be missing?

Lovely render by the way Nibiru - very promising!

2014-07-07, 11:47:42
Reply #5

gazh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The last thing going through Maya's mind is this :

ERROR: No .oso file could be found for shader "H:/UserDatenHaggi/Documents/coding/OpenShadingLanguage/testsuite/aastep/blubb"
ERROR: Could not find shader "H:/UserDatenHaggi/Documents/coding/OpenShadingLanguage/testsuite/aastep/blubb"
trace: mtco_MayaScene::deformUpdateCallback

2014-07-07, 13:47:53
Reply #6

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I had to work with the subscription pack of Maya2014. At the moment only this version is supported. Unfortunatly they changed some scripts what took me a while to find out. One of these is this localizedUIMisc thingy.

I may add a base 2014 support, but not before I have a working Maya2015 version. I'm just updating all libraries to a new VisualStudio versio so that I can compile the plugin for all Maya versions in the next few years. But as you can imagine, this takes a bit time.

Sorry for the inconveniance, maybe you see any chance to find a Subscription Pack for 2014?

2014-07-07, 14:48:30
Reply #7

gazh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Haggi,  I can understand you're swamped, no worries :-)

Do you mean the "service pack" as opposed to subscription pack?  I'm struggling to find anything about subscription pack?! 

2014-07-07, 15:54:51
Reply #8

gazh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Right then,  service pack 4 has indeed cured the UI error but I still fatal error when I hit the render button inside the maya render window.

Error message as follows:

ERROR: No .oso file could be found for shader "H:/UserDatenHaggi/Documents/coding/OpenShadingLanguage/testsuite/aastep/blubb"
ERROR: Could not find shader "H:/UserDatenHaggi/Documents/coding/OpenShadingLanguage/testsuite/aastep/blubb"
trace: mtco_MayaScene::deformUpdateCallback

Whether that's the cause, but its the last thing maya reports that I can access...

Cheers

2014-07-07, 18:02:08
Reply #9

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The shader errors should not affect the scene, well, it should not appear at all. Maybe I forgot to remove a hardcoded test shader.

Well, the correct name of the maya version is:

Extension for Autodesk Maya 2014 Service Pack 1

Do you see any chance to send me your maya scene so that I can check it?

2014-07-08, 14:36:03
Reply #10

gazh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Haggi

Thanks for getting back.  I'm now running service pack 4 which is the latest.  The original LocalizedUI error has now disappeared.  Which is great.

As far as sending a scene, I'm setting each scene up from scratch so there is no legacy from a previous version.  Its all brand new.

I can try reverting back to service pack 1 and see if that makes a difference.

I'll let you know once I try that!

2014-07-08, 14:44:42
Reply #11

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No need to switch to sp1, just send me the scene if possible so that i can check it.

2014-07-08, 16:07:32
Reply #12

gazh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
sent you a mail with the scene.  Like I said though, there's nothing complicated in there.

Let me know anyway

Much appreciated mate

:-)

2014-07-09, 11:14:38
Reply #13

gazh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Service Pack 1 doesn't seem to help either.

Just to double check.  To update from v2.4 to v2.5 all I need to do is replace the old directory with the new one?  As long as the .env file still points to the same location, it should be fine right?

2014-07-09, 14:48:51
Reply #14

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, that's correct. Just to be sure that we speak about the same:

If you open in maya the window under the menu Help->About Maya. What does the line after "Version:" say? Here it is:

Extension for Autodesk Maya 2014 Service Pack 1

2014-07-09, 16:55:10
Reply #15

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
gazh you should be running Maya 2014.5, it means the extension version of maya, not the release 2014, but the extension one.

Cheers!

2014-07-09, 17:56:36
Reply #16

gazh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Guys

Cheers.  Yep, I had to go through our internal tech to get to the subscription service part of autodesk.  I'm now running Extension for Maya 2014 SP1.

I had high hopes, but unfortunately, still no joy.  It just crashes out as soon as I hit render.

Strangely, in my plug-in manager Corona isn't flagged as loaded, but when I try and load it, I get the error that it's already loaded.  Sure enough I have the option in my renderer list, but as I say, it just kills the maya session.

So frustrating.  V2.4 was never an issue though with this problem

Thanks for the help so far.

2014-07-09, 23:35:28
Reply #17

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Did you completly remove the old 0.24 directory and replaced it by the new 0.25, or did you simply extract the archive at the same position?
This is my last hope, but I'm quite sure that you already tried this.

Could you please execute this in a python script editor and send me the result:

Code: [Select]
import os
for p in os.environ['MAYA_MODULE_PATH'].split(";"):
    print p
for p in os.environ['PYTHONPATH'].split(";"):
    print p
for p in os.environ['PATH'].split(";"):
    print p;