Author Topic: release 0.23  (Read 19121 times)

2014-04-12, 17:27:47

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have a new mayaToCorona release:

- added color mapping
- added camera settings exposue/iso/shutter speed
- added smoothmesh preview translation
- added deformation motion blur
- added Corona Surface shader texture hardware display
- modified round corners shader to scene units
- added my own commonGlobalsUI - quite tricky

If you have problems with the renderGlobalsUI, please try to decativate Vray and Arnold to check if it works. Maya has a basic problem here if anyone want to use it's own commonGlobalsUI.

At the moment I recomment to save all maya scenes as maya ascii files, not binary files. This way only node names are used, not node ids which may change from release to release.
« Last Edit: 2014-04-14, 00:39:51 by haggi »

2014-04-13, 05:39:00
Reply #1

max45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can't load this build. Error...

// Error: line 1: Не найдена указанная процедура.
 //
// Error: pymel : Failed to get controlCommand list from mayatocorona //
// Error: pymel : Failed to get modelEditorCommand list from mayatocorona //
// Error: pymel : Failed to get command list from mayatocorona //
// Error: pymel : Failed to get constraintCommand list from mayatocorona //
// Error: pymel.core : Failed to get depend nodes list from mayatocorona //
// Error: line 1: Не найдена указанная процедура.
 (mayatocorona) //

2014-04-13, 09:14:42
Reply #2

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Okay, and the other ones worked fine? Does some infos appear in the output window?

2014-04-13, 11:05:36
Reply #3

Nibiru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hei there
I tried the camera exposure  and it looks like the camera shutter speed works backwards.
(increasing the the shutter speed makes the rendering more exposed  should be the other way around)

also when loading old scenes I have to redo recreate the shaders otherwise maya crashes, or the render settings UI gets messed up
unusable.

Cheers

2014-04-13, 11:26:07
Reply #4

Nibiru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
also I wanted to ask if texture placement works now or not .

2014-04-13, 13:12:14
Reply #5

max45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Okay, and the other ones worked fine? Does some infos appear in the output window?

no infos in the output window

2014-04-13, 18:27:24
Reply #6

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
also I wanted to ask if texture placement works now or not .

No, the only supported node is the file texture node. No other shading node is supported. And the place2d node is one of them.

2014-04-13, 18:31:17
Reply #7

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile

And you simply replaced the complete mayaToCorona folder? Not only the mayaToCorona.mll?

2014-04-13, 18:38:58
Reply #8

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hei there
I tried the camera exposure  and it looks like the camera shutter speed works backwards.
(increasing the the shutter speed makes the rendering more exposed  should be the other way around)

also when loading old scenes I have to redo recreate the shaders otherwise maya crashes, or the render settings UI gets messed up
unusable.
Cheers

Thanks for the info. I'll check the shutter speed. Can you reproduce the crash with old scenes? And can you send me one of these old scenes to check?

2014-04-14, 07:34:58
Reply #9

max45

• Active Users
    • View Profile

And you simply replaced the complete mayaToCorona folder? Not only the mayaToCorona.mll?

Yes, simply replaced the complete mayaToCorona folder. Reinstall VS 2013, but didn't change...

2014-04-14, 08:47:21
Reply #10

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Could you do me a favor? In your case the problem seems to be that a library is not found, or a wrong library is used. The reason can be that e.g. an old version of a corona .dll is somewhere found in the system path. If you put this lines in a bat file and replace the CORONA_MODULE line with your path to the corona module, you can start maya with this module only and with the correct path at the very first position:

Code: [Select]
@echo off

rem corona
set CORONA_MODULE=c:\<yourPathToCorona>\mayaToCorona
set MAYA_MODULE_PATH=%CORONA_MODULE%
set PATH=%CORONA_MODULE%\bin;%PATH%;

set PATH=C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2014\bin;%PATH%

start maya.exe

It would help a lot. If this works, there is some problem with the path or the modules in your maya and we would need to find out what it is. If not.... well then I have no idea.

2014-04-14, 09:20:39
Reply #11

max45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Could you do me a favor? In your case the problem seems to be that a library is not found, or a wrong library is used. The reason can be that e.g. an old version of a corona .dll is somewhere found in the system path. If you put this lines in a bat file and replace the CORONA_MODULE line with your path to the corona module, you can start maya with this module only and with the correct path at the very first position:

Code: [Select]
@echo off

rem corona
set CORONA_MODULE=c:\<yourPathToCorona>\mayaToCorona
set MAYA_MODULE_PATH=%CORONA_MODULE%
set PATH=%CORONA_MODULE%\bin;%PATH%;

set PATH=C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2014\bin;%PATH%

start maya.exe

It would help a lot. If this works, there is some problem with the path or the modules in your maya and we would need to find out what it is. If not.... well then I have no idea.

Create .bat file - same error.  Tried moved folder CoronaToMaya and run from the disc C:  All time same error(((

2014-04-14, 10:25:41
Reply #12

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Then I have no idea at the moment. It worked on my windows7 machine and on my win7 virtual test machine. The main difference between this and the old version is that I use the new API. Give me some time to find a solution.

2014-04-15, 02:26:05
Reply #13

lwclasses

• Active Users
    • View Profile
UPDATE: Actually disregard the below info.  Maya is already finding the py's so it won't be that.

Max45 have you tried placing the various folders into the maya install dir instead?

As in:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2014\...

2014-04-16, 00:35:55
Reply #14

blankvisual

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Haggi,

Had a chance to get this going in Maya 2014 on Win 8 x64. Here are some initial thoughts and problems I encountered - you are probably aware of most.

On plugin LOAD this is the what the log looks like for me.

# mtCoronaLogger : Init renderer Corona
# renderLogger : registerRenderer
# renderLogger : registerAETemplateCallbacks
updateRendererUI;
# Warning: renderMenuProcedure flag is obsolete. It will be removed in the next release. #
mayaToxxx common globals sourced.
# renderLogger : RegisterRenderer done
// AbcExport v1.0 using Alembic 1.5.0 (built Aug  6 2013 14:15:56)
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2014/scripts/startup/shelf.mel line 81: Object 'Curves' not found. //
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2014/scripts/startup/shelf.mel line 81: Object 'General' not found. //
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2014/scripts/startup/shelf.mel line 81: Object 'General' not found. //
updateRendererUI;
updateRendererUI;
create proc createMayaSoftwareCommonGlobalsTab
create proc createMayaSoftwareGlobalsTab
create proc CoronaCommonGlobalsCreateTab
# renderLogger : Created node coronaGlobals
# mtCoronaLogger : afterGlobalsNodeReplacement
CREATE OpenMayaCommonGlobals
# renderLogger : OpenMayaCommonGlobalsCreateTab()
Scroll layout unifiedRenderGlobalsWindow|rgMainForm|tabForm|CoronaTabLayout|CoronaCoronaCommonGlobalsTab|scrollLayout
common unifiedRenderGlobalsWindow|rgMainForm|tabForm|CoronaTabLayout|CoronaCoronaCommonGlobalsTab|scrollLayout|commonTabColumn
# renderLogger : OpenMayaCommonGlobalsUpdateTab()
# renderLogger : OpenMayaCommonGlobalsUpdateTab()
create proc CoronaRendererCreateTab
create proc CoronaEnvironmentCreateTab
create proc CoronaGiCreateTab
create proc CoronaTranslatorCreateTab
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2014/scripts/others/createMayaSoftwareCommonGlobalsTab.mel line 1070: Object 'imageMenuMayaSW' not found. //

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I right click the object and apply new material via the menu it doesn't work. But it does create a material, just doesn't assign it.

// Error:  //
// Error: Line 0.56: Syntax error //
# ui : AECoronaSurfaceTemplate #
# renderLogger : Treelister cmd addToRenderNodeTreeLister( "assignNewMaterialWindow|assignWindowForm|nodeTreeLister1", "assignCreatedShader %type \"\" %node \"CoronaSurface1\"", "Corona/Materials", "corona/material", "-asShader", ""); #

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I hover on the menu at Windows/Rendering editors/corona , it doesn't show me any options and gives me this error.

// Error: Line 0.92: Syntax error //

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had to tweak HDRI a lot to get its bright values toned down.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Physical camera parameters are essential for physically based lighting, I see that exist in Max version.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IOR does not seem to be working for me. At the moment there is no distortion, like you would expect in thin window glass.

There doesn't seem to be a way to make hdri invisible to camera. (only seen in ref/refr).

Thanks for all the work thus far.
« Last Edit: 2014-04-16, 00:43:13 by blankvisual »