Author Topic: Maya porting ?  (Read 14340 times)

2013-07-09, 17:47:31

con12

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is there any timetable abt. Maya porting. Hope it will be right here as soon as possible.
And make it direct connected (Live Plug-ins) to "HDR Light Studio" within Maya environment is a "must" function.
http://www.hdrlightstudio.com/workflows.htm

thk!

2013-07-12, 17:24:15
Reply #1

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No timeframe yet. As soon as I have access to the API the basic implementation will start.
Will there be a version for Maya2013 needed?
I ask because in Maya2013 there are still some problems which avoid the creation of a renderspecific segment in the shadertree. In maya2013.5 and up there will appear a own Corona segment with all necessary shading nodes.

2013-07-12, 17:33:35
Reply #2

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
HDR Light Studio support should be no problem. Just had a look a the website and it says that the renderer plugins are python scripted what should make it easy to implement.

2013-08-31, 18:27:49
Reply #3

con12

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am a user of both 3ds max & Maya. Maya have much better UI (specially the marking menu & hotbox) , a logical work-flow, more stable, faster respond, much stronger functionality. Highly  recommend Corona Renderer ported to Maya a.s.a.p.  Agree,  “HDR Light Studio” supported    is a must .Thks!

2013-10-02, 12:07:41
Reply #4

metamesh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I can only agree that Corona for maya would be amazing....really looking forward to it!

2013-10-07, 12:02:54
Reply #5

chilombiano

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I second these opinions again.
I've took some time in an older post about the good commercial reasons for Keymaster to seriously consider this but this time i'm really saying it out of pure frustration.  There is no Max at work and Maya is pretty much the tool in my industry and if i could use corona i would not only enjoy rendering again but will have the chance to slap in the face certain render technology that makes our days so bitter. Most of my colleagues don't believe how enjoyable is Corona // it would spread like fire this tool once in Maya!

2013-10-07, 14:17:21
Reply #6

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yea, would be nice to start soon. But maybe you expect too much at the moment.
First we will see geometry translation what can be implemented quite fast. Then I will add lights. And finally we will see materials. A very basic implementation will take about two or three weeks - depending on my free time. But this version will be buggy and will need a lot of tuning.

What will take much longer is an interactive shader ball preview. I know how to do it, but before we need a solid setup and shader tree translation.

2013-10-07, 14:18:55
Reply #7

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Yea, would be nice to start soon. But maybe you expect too much at the moment.
First we will see geometry translation what can be implemented quite fast. Then I will add lights. And finally we will see materials. A very basic implementation will take about two or three weeks - depending on my free time. But this version will be buggy and will need a lot of tuning.

What will take much longer is an interactive shader ball preview. I know how to do it, but before we need a solid setup and shader tree translation.

Hi, did Keymaster already give you access to API?

2013-10-07, 16:39:08
Reply #8

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I'm currently working on the new API. I wasn't satisfied with the previous version, so I did not publish it anywhere
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-10-11, 16:24:12
Reply #9

con12

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Glad to learn " Keymaster " is working on that. Really really..... anticipate the Maya porting asap. ! thk !

2013-10-12, 15:57:20
Reply #10

chilombiano

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great to know that is coming.

Haggi.  Coding i know nothing but count me in at least as a tester :)

2013-11-01, 16:31:56
Reply #11

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just to keep you informed: I just started the corona implementation for maya. As soon as I have something interesting, I'll post it here.

2013-11-01, 16:36:10
Reply #12

metamesh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
that is epic news! let us know once there's something available to test! :D

2013-11-02, 05:16:00
Reply #13

wilsimar

• Users
    • View Profile
Thank you Haggi..