Author Topic: Corona Proxy Exporter  (Read 3014 times)

2020-04-22, 16:27:57

zules

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGINEER
Hello,
instead of opening an old topic, I prefer to create this new one... about an old subject !

The Proxy exporter feels old now in Corona 5...

It's still missing, imo, handy options to accelerate/automate the workflow :

- an auto rename for existing file : you already said you don't like chaotic renaming but it will be very useful. Mainly because it's hard to get through the names of external library and correcting the "laziness" of some modelers not naming correctly their objects (we all do ^^), and this lead us to replacing a Line 09 by another. And doing this for dozen hundreds of items can be at the opposite of corona philosophy : simplification. I found a way to avoid this by exporting proxies into a client specific folder, avoiding to mix projects together, but it also happens anyway.

- a recently used/favorite/current folder menu to save the proxies : a script, Batchloader http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/batch-loader found a nice way to handle it, with a rolling menu (and an auto rename option). We could also add folders as the RelinkBitmaps Script http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/relink-bitmaps does, into a list.

- a proxies manipulation menu to set selected/all proxies of a scene, as the script Corona Proxies Tool from Nicolas Caplat does : https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=20251.15

- a convert & get bitmaps options to convert recently merge items (may be in Vray as often) and check/get the right paths (cf RelinkBitmap), while exporting (same way as Corona converter).

What do you think ? Instead of using 4-6 scripts/windows, just using a single native one.

Anyway, i'm still in love with Corona, whatever you decide. But this will, imo, help a lot and avoid boring and redundant manipulation ! :)

Regards,

Jules
Jules GAILLARD

www.imagineer.fr

2020-05-25, 22:50:16
Reply #1

zules

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGINEER
Well... :D
Jules GAILLARD

www.imagineer.fr

2020-05-28, 16:12:07
Reply #2

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
Would love to have the option of canceling on a "global" level instead of just the 1 proxy currently being exported. If you have a couple of groups selected and choose the "Export as seperate" it usually goes okay, but if the model is just 100 leaves grouped into 1 plant, then you are f'ed and have to either wait for all 100 .geo to be exported of that model or force a max shutdown. Cancel the entire process would be nice to do in these cases :)

Regarding assets relink etc, I would suggest using the Connecter lib browser, you can set/search bitmaps etc via the app prior to importing and also import as a proxy.

Personally I don't have much need for the things you mention as per above app and that we create proxy folders on a per project basis if needed as you also say.
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog