Author Topic: Fisheye Lens >>>  (Read 10268 times)

2018-09-26, 19:16:14

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hello Corona folks / development team :)

Can a fish-eye lens be added to Corona's camera? I do planetarium work for NASA and would love to be able to use Corona for all of the work we are doing. Unfortunately the final format has to be a 180 degree fish-eye render.

The only engines I can use for this correctly in C4D are Arnold, Redshift, Vray.

I would absolutely love to use Corona on these projects.

Attached are a couple images for reference of what I need to be able to achieve.

Thanks so much!!

- Shawn Astrom

2018-09-26, 19:32:17
Reply #1

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1. Same here, would love to get more options for fisheye lenses.

2018-11-15, 04:18:17
Reply #2

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Any word on this from the developers?? Most other engines have these camera options... Arnold, Redshift, Vray, Cycles... Just would really love to get an eta on when something like this can be added.

Thanks guys!!

- Shawn

2018-11-15, 10:44:39
Reply #3

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Wait... Corona doesn't have fisheye? That seems crazy!?
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2018-11-24, 01:15:19
Reply #4

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Okay I would like to personally pay Corona team the sum of $2,000 to add a fisheye lens feature in the next two weeks. C4D version please.

Please let me know if this is possible ;))))

- Shawn

2018-11-24, 10:55:56
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
If you're so desperate to get fisheye from Corona, then you should know that there already exists some workaround. You just need to render from camera with spherical projection, load that image into any app that is capable to perform projection transformations (ptgui, hugin and many others) and transform from equirectangular to fisheye. It's not very convenient, it requires more resources to render, but at least it works. And it also has a nice bonus - you only have to set up position of the camera in 3d app, but you are free to choose any rotation that you want in post.

Having said that, here's my +1 for fisheye projection in Corona :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-11-24, 15:27:40
Reply #6

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Thanks for the response. I know this can be done I'm just hoping for a production ready fisheye camera within Corona to use it for feature length documentaries.

I have set this conversation up in Fusion and it works great. Just not production friendly. Also these films are rendered in 4K. If I us Coronas spherical camera I would have to render at 8K x 4K!

Just hoping for the real thing soon...

Thanks for helping though! - Shawn

2018-11-25, 19:07:05
Reply #7

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You can also try the good old CG trick: create a perfect mirror sphere and render from that sphere (ie. camera targeting the mirror sphere). Your scene will render mirrored and you'll lose pass compositing but that's better than nothing.

2019-02-05, 23:24:23
Reply #8

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Any news on a fisheye camera in Corona!?

Thanks guys!

- Shawn

2019-02-05, 23:33:10
Reply #9

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Nothing yet - it would pop up on here https://trello.com/b/EfPE4kPx/corona-road-map-3ds-max (since it would be a core change I believe)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-02-05, 23:49:18
Reply #10

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Here I believe the C4D team wants to take on the responsibility of implementing it, because of you ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2019-02-05, 23:52:32
Reply #11

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Awesome! Yeah I know they've mentioned it and I'm stoked it's possible to implement!

I guess I'm waiting patiently... Please let me know if I can do any testing of any developer builds.

- Shawn

2019-02-11, 17:03:23
Reply #12

bibi5000

• Active Users
    • View Profile
fisheye +1, pretty please

2019-05-06, 22:28:23
Reply #13

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
(almost) done
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)