Author Topic: corona + autodesk backburner  (Read 2322 times)

2018-08-22, 21:37:14

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
I accidentaly sent alot of renders to the backburner with the render-region still active. It would help if I had the option to turn off region-rendering when in backburner. So out of curiosity; is there ever going to be a connection between corona and backburner to additionaly change settings afterwards or is this opening pandora's box for developers? :P

2018-08-23, 00:56:45
Reply #1

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
I have never tried but...

go to

C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Local\backburner\Jobs\

Here you can find all your jobs
Inside every folder there is a .zip file with, inside. the .max file
You can try to open it, do your change (remove RR), save the.max file, save the zip file and run BB

Tell us if it works =)

2018-08-24, 09:29:36
Reply #2

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
this works, but this doesn't speed up the process, sending them to the backburner again from 1 max file is faster then opening 6 max files and saving over them..

2018-08-24, 15:59:36
Reply #3

jasond

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It would be amazing if Corona could interact with Backburner... I use BB almost daily and it's extremely outdated compared to the competition! Being able to change render settings would be a huge time saver.

Seems that Autodesk abandoned BB and hasn't updated it for at least 10yrs. Needs a re-write.

2018-08-24, 16:38:44
Reply #4

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This would need a lot more than Corona's support - a max file format that would allow access from the outside (there's some progress on that but who knows to which extent), and a render manager that supports it, so this request should be directed at Autodesk.
There could be workarounds like a pre-render script that reads relevant render setting from an external file (so you could alter that file and max would update the settings accordingly), but again this would be best done when submitting the job so it should be solved within the render manager rather than Corona.