Author Topic: Whole DRserver system gone  (Read 1996 times)

2017-10-10, 02:03:13

zules

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGINEER
Hello,
I'm facing a problem using DR with 2 WS and 4 nodes.

Actually, I just got a new WS and adding it to my network just broken everything that was well running before.

No Node can connect to the Master WS01, and they also appear sometime connecting to WS02 IP (but no License Server on it) and no more to the WS01 one...
The WS02 DRserver cant connect to the Ws01, neither the nodes... but I can access everywhere through windows and eveything ping well.

Any idea why a new installation would have broke evrything ? I'm out of idea here...

Thanks ! :)

JG
Jules GAILLARD

www.imagineer.fr

2017-10-10, 09:12:42
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Can you explain how you are using DR with 4 nodes and 2 workstations? (I am especially interested in the 2 workstations part) How does the setup look?

Generally, for DR you should use one computer in workstation mode (3ds Max running on it, pressing "search LAN" on this computer to find the nodes), and the rest of the computers should be nodes, running the DR server.

All of the computers taking part in DR must have active Corona licenses - the activation can be either done manually, or through the licensing server, this does not matter, as long as they are licensed.

For more general info on DR, see: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000501666
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-10-10, 11:29:05
Reply #2

zules

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGINEER
In fact, WS01 is working with Max launched, the other one only with DRserver and no License server installed.

I think I solved the problem by installing a fresh hotfix 3.
Also, the scene is pretty heavy with a lot of displace & proxies, so I think it didnt helped sharing the scene through the network.
I have a bug on the list of connected slaves into the VFB, not showing any movment of RAM/CPU that's why I get crazy...
Jules GAILLARD

www.imagineer.fr

2017-10-21, 08:44:52
Reply #3

lillo1

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi..i'm having this problem: 1 ws and 1 slave. When the render starts everything looks OK but I can't see update from slave.. Is always 0 till the end of the render. Seems like the slave connect and disconnect to every pass. I've checked firewall and else.. It's all open. Is there a tut on this topic? I've 2 Corona 1.5 hotfix 3 demo installed. Thanks

2017-10-23, 11:58:48
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Updating to 1.6 hotfix 3 (or 1.7 soon) will be probably the best solution.

2017-11-28, 17:47:21
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
We have just released Corona Renderer 1.7 Hotfix 1: https://corona-renderer.com/download/
It contains some important DR fixes, so please download and install it.
Please make sure that Corona Renderer 1.7 Hotfix 1 is installed on all computers, and that DR server 1.7 Hotfix 1 is running on all of the slaves.

If the issue will remain after installing this version, please contact us, and we will continue looking for a solution.