Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.6  (Read 128961 times)

2017-03-29, 02:45:07
Reply #600

Renovacio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Object materials with Glossiness value lower than 0,8 and fresnel ior like 1,52 has very ugly dark reflections from the plane with CoronaLightMTL, like a background.
« Last Edit: 2017-03-29, 02:54:22 by Renovacio »

2017-03-29, 12:24:43
Reply #601

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm starting a new project now which will need renderfarm's service to render final images. I have to choose now which version of Corona to use for it. I like new features of Corona 1.6 builds and I'd like to use them in new project, but now it depended of how soon Corona 1.6 will be officially realised and render farms will start to use it.

Do you have any estimation about the date of official Corona 1.6 realise?

One more time :)

2017-03-29, 12:42:39
Reply #602

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Well, we've hit a few bumps which delayed our original plans a little bit. Currently we're planning to have an RC roughly in the middle of next week and a full release 1-2 weeks after that.

All these are just estimates, we can't commit to any specific timeframe since everything may be delayed again if we discover any major hard-to-fix bugs. So if you need to start a new project right now and don't want to use daily builds, you may be safer using 1.5 since we can't promise any specific release date for 1.6

2017-03-29, 12:57:13
Reply #603

shadowman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Object materials with Glossiness value lower than 0,8 and fresnel ior like 1,52 has very ugly dark reflections from the plane with CoronaLightMTL, like a background.
Up!
Strangely ignored problem.

2017-03-29, 13:30:26
Reply #604

Renovacio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Up!
Ondra, answer us please)))) Please repair)))) This problem has always been.

2017-03-29, 15:08:08
Reply #605

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, we've hit a few bumps which delayed our original plans a little bit. Currently we're planning to have an RC roughly in the middle of next week and a full release 1-2 weeks after that.

All these are just estimates, we can't commit to any specific timeframe since everything may be delayed again if we discover any major hard-to-fix bugs. So if you need to start a new project right now and don't want to use daily builds, you may be safer using 1.5 since we can't promise any specific release date for 1.6

This information is enough to make a decision. Thank you!

2017-03-29, 15:56:39
Reply #606

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Up!
we need separate thread for this, can a mod/user do it?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-03-29, 15:57:27
Reply #607

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
as a side note, we will probably have the RC next week, but how long it stays a RC is based on how fast we will be able to debug the remaining problems with DR and IR. So no promises there, but I am hoping not longer than 14 days
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-03-29, 15:58:41
Reply #608

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
as a side note, we will probably have the RC next week, but how long it stays a RC is based on how fast we will be able to debug the remaining problems with DR and IR. So no promises there, but I am hoping not longer than 14 days

Take your time, I am on holiday next week ;-)

2017-03-29, 16:16:08
Reply #609

shadowman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Up!
we need separate thread for this, can a mod/user do it?

It was created earlier in Bug Reporting, named "Black reflections of lights on low glossiness surfaces".
Here it is: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,13860.0.html

2017-03-29, 17:04:16
Reply #610

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
good, I wanted to make sure this wont get forgotten. I am not sure if it is fixable though...

2017-03-29, 17:33:06
Reply #611

shadowman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am not sure if it is fixable though...

A bit worrying..
If I'm not mistaken it's appeared in versions close to 1.5 relese, maybe earlier.

2017-03-29, 23:10:04
Reply #612

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
yes, it is tradeoff for the "dark highlights behind glass" bug. It is one case where the different fakes in Corona just dont mesh well with each another :(

2017-03-29, 23:22:22
Reply #613

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. Had some strange behavior with latest daily (27-03-2017). I've experienced it a couple of times, and tried to reproduce it, with different results.

Most of the times everything works as expected, but sometimes the previous render is "stuck" in the lightmix RE when using VFB IR and shifting camera or shifting from "view" to "blowup". The Beaty pass renders correct, but not the lightmix pass.

Can anyone confirm this behavior? (as said, it only occurs sometimes).

2017-03-30, 11:06:05
Reply #614

shadowman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes, it is tradeoff for the "dark highlights behind glass" bug. It is one case where the different fakes in Corona just dont mesh well with each another :(
I see. But hope to see some solution.
Because it's a common scheme in architectural visualisation, and following this official tutorial:
 "How to create background material in Corona?" we'll get into a trouble :(