Author Topic: Linked controllers changing units on clone (Corona 11)  (Read 588 times)

2023-12-18, 12:25:35

Tanner

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just updated to Corona 11 this morning and found a potential bug that I don't recall having with 10.2.  I often create bezier and linear float controllers when making my materials, so if I need to enable real-world scale or change the UV scaling of all my bitmaps, I only need to change one node to affect them all, or as I have it laid out.  The issue I'm having is when I link the UVWscale to a Point3 XYZ controller and then I make a duplicate of that coronabitmap node so the controller links the two or more nodes together, it reduces the scale values I've input, almost like it's changing the internal scale of the node.

I'm using a System Scale of Metres, Display Units of Metres, 3ds Max 2020.3.6.

As an example, when I have a coronabitmap node set to 4.8m x 2.7m (A) and then I shift+drag to copy the bitmap node (B), those values drop to 0.2083m x 0.3704m. If I make another duplicate (C), the numbers go back to 4.8x2.7. If I duplicate again, it drops.

All in all its not terrible but there are times where I have specific values set and may forget them while making these duplications and setups.

2023-12-18, 13:35:17
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I noticed it too. Maybe it's related to colour picker changing values issue, because it exhibit similar behaviour. Hopefully this can be fixed in the hotfix.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-12-18, 13:43:20
Reply #2

Tanner

• Active Users
    • View Profile
romullus, Does your issue rectify if you make a separate duplicate like mine or does it stay stuck with the incorrect value?

2023-12-18, 14:02:12
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
To be honest, i didn't try to replicate it, i just recall i see this issue recently, but my mind was occupied with other things, so i didn't pay much attention to it and never reported the issue. I have some free time at the moment, so i'll launch 3ds Max and check how it behaves on my side.

2023-12-18, 14:18:41
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Just tested, it behaves exactly like you described - each time you copy a map, controller alternates between real-world scale in scene units and equivalent tiling number in 0-1 space. In my example textures were set up and wired in real-world scale to have 100cm size, after copying the map, controllers changed to 0,01 which would be correct if the state of real-world scale toggle would be changing, but it isn't. Long story short, i think it's a serious bug which should be fixed ASAP. Thanks for reporting!

2023-12-18, 14:20:12
Reply #5

Tanner

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm glad to hear its not just me.

2023-12-18, 20:47:29
Reply #6

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

This is cause by the RealWorldScale controller, if there is no controller for this additional parameter, the uvwScale controller values stay unchanged. You can try unplugging the RWS controller (I know, this is not a solution to your case probably)
Nevertheless, this is reported now, thanks.

(Internal ID=1269419766)
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-12-18, 22:51:44
Reply #7

Tanner

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Aram.  I can confirm removing the RWS controller fixes the issue but this started with 11, versions 10 and older never had the issue. Fingers crossed it's fixed with HF1.