Author Topic: Can't render animation with Multipass?  (Read 823 times)

2022-05-05, 11:25:15

tennet

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Good Monday
Hi,

I'm trying to render an animation with 'multipasses' enabled, but the extra layers aren't saved? For still images I always save 32-bit EXR "Multi-layer Files" and the layers opens fine in Photoshop, but when I'm rendering my animation then all frames only get the merged RGBA layer? I've tried to render 16-bit PSD & 32-bit EXR, but it doesn't work. When I choose 32-bit EXR then I get one extra layer called "Background.RGB", but this is the same as the RGBA pass.

After rendering then all multipasses ARE available in the dropdown menu in the Corona VFB window, but none are saved. Is this an error or am I missing some settings when rendering the animation? See attached screenshots.

Thanks!

2022-05-05, 13:54:50
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Is working fine here - are you using EXR-io to open the EXR in PS as it sometimes has problems opening EXRs otherwise.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-05-05, 13:55:31
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Also OS, OS version, C4D version, and Corona version please :)

2022-05-05, 14:14:45
Reply #3

tennet

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Good Monday
Hi,

I’m using Windows 10, Cinema R21 and ”Corona 8 DailyBuild Feb 2, 2022”. I use EXR-IO and it works flawless for me in Photoshop (for Corona still images). But I’m also trying to import the image sequence to After Effects and it doesn’t show any layers either.

If I try to render using the C4D Standard Renderer, with multipasses, it imports correctly. If I set the render settings to ’Current Frame’ (render current frame = 1 still image) using Corona, then I get the multi-pass layers correctly, but not when set to ’Render All Frames’.

2022-05-05, 14:31:49
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
That is a VERY old daily build, please update to the final release of Corona 8 https://corona-renderer.com/download