Author Topic: Will the new standalone give some life to the Blender integration?  (Read 76686 times)

2016-09-28, 23:30:21
Reply #30

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Blender exporter for Corona
Hi Alan,

There is progress being made here https://bitbucket.org/coronablender/render_corona/overview (disclaimer, I am the developer)

It works, there are still some things that could be improved so please submit any issues you find https://bitbucket.org/coronablender/render_corona/issues?status=new&status=open

This is based off the previous work by Joel, updated to work with Corona Standalone 1.5+

Kickstarters work well though you need a good sized population to make it happen, unfortunately if you count the number of people who use blender and want to use Corona then that number is quite small :)

2016-09-29, 10:10:02
Reply #31

adamadam

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Glen,

At least stick a tips jar on the bottom of your Bitbucket page :)

I'm keen on transferring over to Blender from Max and if I could have a combination of Corona and Blender on OSX I'd be very happy to contribute.

Adam

2016-09-29, 18:01:44
Reply #32

alan zirpoli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
First of all thanks for your works (I'm currently not able to make it work, but one step at the time)

Kickstarters work well though you need a good sized population to make it happen, unfortunately if you count the number of people who use blender and want to use Corona then that number is quite small :)

I know blender has not that much of critical mass professionals user base especially in combination with corona, however, I think that with a better integrated version, easier to install, it could grow easily. I'm a Blender trainer mostly in the archviz field and this specific combination I think it could be really good.
A crowdfunding campaign could really be the tool to understand if there are enough interested users.
How many devs do you think it would be needed? Time and costs? Just to have an idea.

There is progress being made here https://bitbucket.org/coronablender/render_corona/overview (disclaimer, I am the developer) It works, there are still some things that could be improved so please submit any issues you find https://bitbucket.org/coronablender/render_corona/issues?status=new&status=open This is based off the previous work by Joel, updated to work with Corona Standalone 1.5+

So I've tried the corona version 2016-08-22 (dropbox folder) , succesfully installed the addon, set the .exe filepath and project path, but it doesn't start the render, or for better say, it start the render but is not launching the standalone of corona.

What am I missing?

2016-09-30, 00:48:29
Reply #33

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you can have a look at Blenders console (On Windows choose Window \ Toggle Console)

That might give you a hint,

The most common thing is setting up a temporary export directory, this is on the main render settings (camera icon) right down the bottom.

2016-09-30, 00:59:00
Reply #34

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
How many devs do you think it would be needed? Time and costs? Just to have an idea.

Well it currently works for the majority of static scenes, it needs to be improved in some areas like native Blender duplicated object handling, IES profile rotation and animation with motion blur etc.  The largest issue I have is that I need people to actually use the exporter so that all the edge cases and bugs get exposed.  Unfortunately I am a developer and don't know how to fully use blender and all it's wonderful tools (though I am starting to learn).

2016-09-30, 01:42:03
Reply #35

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Glen,

At least stick a tips jar on the bottom of your Bitbucket page :)

I'm keen on transferring over to Blender from Max and if I could have a combination of Corona and Blender on OSX I'd be very happy to contribute.

Adam

I am keen for someone else to test the OS X version with Blender.  I don't have access to an OS X machine right now, the latest version should have fixed OS X

2016-09-30, 10:04:05
Reply #36

adamadam

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'll give it a run at the weekend.

I'm still learning with Blender but I'm reasonably familiar with Corona on Max. I'll be happy to help out if possible.

2016-09-30, 11:05:29
Reply #37

ask3r

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello!
Thanks for your work on exporter.
I didn't try it yet - I'll do some tests in my spare time.
I'm planning slowly to turn away from max to blender.
Blender + Corona would be powerfull combination!

2016-09-30, 16:21:37
Reply #38

alan zirpoli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you can have a look at Blenders console (On Windows choose Window \ Toggle Console)

That might give you a hint,

The most common thing is setting up a temporary export directory, this is in the main render settings (camera icon) right down the bottom.

I still didn't get what's wrong.

As soon as I'm able to get it run I will do some tests.

2016-09-30, 16:51:58
Reply #39

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Error: Something went wrong, unable to write .conf file. Check directory permissions of export directory.

Windows doesn't allow modifying that directory by an external app...

2016-09-30, 17:25:47
Reply #40

alan zirpoli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I see, so I moved the project file path to an external drive, that solve that error but now i got this.
It seems to not find some file. Is he referring to the line above? If so what's missing?

Thanks

2016-09-30, 21:05:56
Reply #41

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I see, so I moved the project file path to an external drive, that solve that error but now i got this.
It seems to not find some file. Is he referring to the line above? If so what's missing?

Thanks

Try putting corona on a local drive, I will see if python can launch from a network drive later. Thanks for testing I will add error messages for these scenarios.

2016-09-30, 21:08:13
Reply #42

alan zirpoli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Right now is already on local drive. It's on the desktop actually, I moved to the external drive (a network hardrive - NAS) just the project folder where the conf. file is.

2016-09-30, 21:35:37
Reply #43

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Right now is already on local drive. It's on the desktop actually, I moved to the external drive (a network hardrive - NAS) just the project folder where the conf. file is.

For now Pit everything local and try, I will look at Nas etc soon

2016-09-30, 21:40:10
Reply #44

alan zirpoli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok so, guess what, I've just tried the opposite by moving all to the NAS and now it's working. If I move everything on local drive gets the error I've posted above.