Author Topic: UVW Mapping - Not working properly!!  (Read 2109 times)

2021-11-17, 12:24:26

Del3dsnovice

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'm new using 3ds Max 2021 and Corona-7-3dsmax-hotfix1 - I've watched so many tutorials and have read so many forums which has helped other people with similar problems however I am having no hope in fixing mine!

Just to start - I have set my units to mm, the system and display unit scale is the same.

When adding a corona material to my model the scale is so distorted (please see image) as you can see I have added a UVU Map to the material and have chosen real world map size, however this hasn't changed anything at all. This happens with all other materials.

When I go into my material settings and select the brick material I have added (see image) you can see it is set at 4000mmx4000mm and real world size is on, however when I change this to 10mmx10mm the brick looks like a normal size. (see image)

Please can someone help me out as I am starting to think that this is a bug. 10mmx10mm is extremely small for a brick dim! I am not sure If I am doing something wrong!

Many Thanks

Del

2021-11-17, 14:21:11
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hi,

I would suggest to check if your building and scene are of correct size and also check if the models are scaled at 100%.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-11-17, 15:14:45
Reply #2

Del3dsnovice

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi there,

thanks for replying - how can I check I have imported it correctly? When I want to link the file I can't seem to see the incoming file units?

2021-11-17, 17:07:41
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I'm not familiar with import from Revit settings, but you may check the scale even when the models already imported in 3ds Max - select your model, then in command panel, go to utilities tab and open measure panel. There you will see object's dimensions. Next, change your gizmo to select and observe it's scaling factor in transform type-in window. If the scale is not 100%, you need to reset your object's transforms - command pannel>utilities>reset xform.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-11-17, 18:03:53
Reply #4

Del3dsnovice

• Users
    • View Profile
Still not working when I do this - I just tried another smaller model and I selected all of it and applied the UVW map - and that worked. However the same UVW paraments were set for all the materials and I couldn't change the direction of each material without the whole model changing - does that make sense? 

Not sure what else to do

2021-11-17, 18:43:43
Reply #5

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Instead of linking the Revit model, try import it instead, then do as @romullus said, reset the xform and collapse to editable polygon. Then try again.

If this works, you know there is a scale issue in the 'link revit' condition.

2021-11-18, 18:12:29
Reply #6

fh3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Doesn't Revit still model everything with feet as its base unit and just internally scale the units to display as whatever?  Check to see if your Revit imports have some ridiculous scale factor.
(ETA Revit base unit is feet)
« Last Edit: 2021-11-20, 18:19:47 by fh3d »

2021-11-22, 15:50:53
Reply #7

Del3dsnovice

• Users
    • View Profile
When I selected the whole model and apply a UVW map - the materials scale correctly, however it means the whole model is under the same UVW map, I cant therefore manipulate different elements of the model, changing the direction or materials because it is linked with the whole model - does this make sense?

My revit model is scaled correctly in the 3ds max work space - Do you think I should re install 3ds max and corona and try again?