Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

Motion Blur on backplate

(1/4) > >>

Ealexander:
Hi,

I've got a simple scene with a car model, a backplate, a HDRI to light and a plane with a shadowcatcher under the car.  Easy.  I'm trying to add motion blur and have watched tutorials, searched forum, etc. but I can only get the car to blur and not the backplate.  What am I missing....

Keyframed the car at Frame 01.  Advanced to Frame 90 and moved the car forward and keyframed it.  Made the camera a child of the car.  Turned on Motion Blur for both object and Camera.  Adjusted my Shutter Speed.  Advance to frame 30ish and hit render.  Car is blurred, backplate is perfectly in focus. Level of blur looks good, it's just that I want it inverted (car focus, backplate blurred).

I'm sure I'm missing something simple.  Any thoughts?  Thanks team - the model and the backplate are behind NDA, so I can't share the file, but will make a dummy/proxy file if that is needed.  Using Corona 9 in R2023.1.0

Thanks!

-Evan

Beanzvision:
Hi there, if you can share that ''dummy'' scene, that would be great! :)

pokoy:
Since the camera is now moving, you probably also need to enable motion blur for the camera, too. Otherwise it won't render its motion blur against stationary objects.

Beanzvision:
Hmm, I have also tried to reproduce this but it isn't giving the results as expected. Camera is linked to the car which is moving forward (the front wheels have correct motion blur), the bystander is stationary and also has correct motion blur. But not the ground.

With a different setup using the HDRI in dome mapping mode, the result was much better.

pokoy:
Probably because the backplate gets reprojected continuously on the geometry when going to the next frame (assuming you are using a Shadow catcher material) so it is not stationary, hence no motion blur. You would need to map it on the geometry so it is stationary. I'm on Max where you would use camera mapping to do this, can't comment on how this would be done in C4d.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version