Author Topic: Converting from physical material TO corona material?  (Read 20395 times)

2023-06-15, 20:52:16
Reply #15

mwiak

• Users
    • View Profile
Is there any progress solving this issue? Hard to believe, but it still seems to be impossible in Corona 9...

2023-06-15, 21:23:05
Reply #16

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Nothing at the moment sorry, for Corona 10 - if there was it would be on the roadmap (https://trello.com/b/EfPE4kPx/corona-tentative-road-map-3ds-max ) and or the changelogs from the dailies (https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=38385.0 ). But we  do still have it on our list.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-06-16, 17:36:01
Reply #17

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES

2023-06-19, 19:19:37
Reply #18

ThomasCoote

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If it's been on the list for 3 years it's safe to assume it's never going to happen.

Shame, hopefully there are third party scripts available

2023-06-19, 21:21:46
Reply #19

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'd really wish you guys (devs) took more into consideration what we users really want/need. I know you do to some extent but sometimes it feels the other way.

Of course, you as developers has all the right to determine the direction of the development. I just think we all could benefit if before each release you'd ask users what new features or adjustments are the most wanted and try to include those.
« Last Edit: 2023-06-19, 21:26:33 by Basshunter »

2023-06-20, 10:04:38
Reply #20

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've done a few material conversion scripts in the past, I can give it a shot in my free time.

What I need from you:
The sketchup file with materials/textures.
The 3dsmax file - how it appears directly after you import the model.

I tried with one from the 3dwarehouse however I work with 3dsmax 2021 and it only accepts sketchup v8 export. These also import into 3dsmax as standard (legacy) materials instead of physical, so I need to know why this is the case for you (to clarify - why are they importing as Physical Materials instead of Legacy). If Sketchup imports as legacy by default this is important to know.

Also give me a detailed material so I can cover all situations if possible, diffuse/roughness/normal/opacity etc or whatever it is that's "standard" workflow for you. The model doesn't have to be complicated, a box will do. Or if you have a few different material setups then a few boxes will suffice.

Last thing is since I work in 3dsmax 2021 so not sure about forward compatibility but ill see what's possible.

Also devs reading this, has much changed in the Physical Corona material since Corona 7.0? We are still using this version due to our current pipeline.
« Last Edit: 2023-06-20, 16:24:24 by James Vella »

2023-07-23, 10:39:16
Reply #21

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Messages containing conversation about Physical to Corona Physical material converter developed by James Vella has been moved to new dedicated topic. You can find it here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=40571.0
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures