Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Feature Requests

Corona Image Editor as a plugin

(1/1)

Lwmotion:
Really appreciate having the Corona Image Editor as an external app but think you can take it a big step
further and turn it into a plugin for After Effects. I've been jumping through all kinds of hoops to grade my
animated CG projects with various LUT/color correction tools but keep coming back to Corona's luts and
editing features. An After Effects plugin would make my life and workflow so much less painful. Plus as an
AE plugin I can animate parameters and combine it with other useful tools. Arion FX has a plugin that's
similar but comes up short.

Ryuu:
Thanks for the suggestion. If this is going to ever happen (and that is a big IF), it won't be anytime soon. We still have our hands full with the development of the renderer itself :)

In the meantime you can save the post processing settings either from Corona VFB or from CIE and then apply them to multiple CXR/EXR files using the command line version of CIE in some kind of a script.

maru:
...and an example of "some kind of script" can be found at the bottom of the following article ;)
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000030886

Lwmotion:
I haven't used the CIE app much but I just assumed that it could already import
sequences, didn't realize we needed a script. As much as I admire Corona, my primary
criticism is there's seems to be an aversion to animation features. I understand
putting primary focus on the engine but hope as development continues, we in the
motion business get more much needed attention.

Thanks for the feedback.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version