Author Topic: Old Corona for Sketchup  (Read 26182 times)

2019-02-21, 17:27:08

forgivesinners

• Users
    • View Profile
Hey there guys and gals, I'm trying to search every internet corner possible to get a hold of the old Corona version that was able to run with Sketchup, Can it still be achieved?
I recently saw 2 month old renders done by a few people here with Corona on sketchup, I would pay for any info leads!

2019-02-25, 19:22:36
Reply #1

seraleklee1

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The version you're talking about was exclusively for beta testers. It only worked on beta tester computers that were provided with a license key sent via email. Even if you could find Corona's SketchUp version on the net it would not work on your computer because you do not have the key to make it work.

2019-04-09, 22:55:25
Reply #2

Ante Olic

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is there any hope you start again new development of Corona for Sketchup.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2,80GHz

2019-04-10, 10:21:52
Reply #3

gpz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Even if you don't delevop anaymore corona for sketchup, it will be cool if you can share the old beta version as you do for corona 1.6

2019-04-11, 14:24:40
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
The old Corona Renderer for Sketchup project is discontinued. You can find explanations in this blog post from early 2018: https://corona-renderer.com/blog/corona-renderer-for-cinema-4d-beta-1-released/
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-10-09, 05:02:00
Reply #5

franm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I wish Corona Render would again consider developing an extension for SketchUp.  After being in involved in the Corona/SketchUp beta testing, I have been using Vray for a year and a half now, and it's alright, but Corona Render seemed to have more potential.  I recently saw Cinema 4d/Corona architectural and interior architectural renderings on CGArchitect and they look great.  But would like to stick with SketchUp.

2019-10-09, 11:38:22
Reply #6

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I do understand why Corona development discontinued it.
Never seen a more horrible soft that Sketchup.

2019-10-10, 03:32:56
Reply #7

franm

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Designermann77  Why don't you respect others...

2019-10-10, 08:53:17
Reply #8

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile

You obviously don't know it's power yet. We can do things at three times the speed what most designers on other platforms can't...

2019-10-10, 12:13:55
Reply #9

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile

You obviously don't know it's power yet. We can do things at three times the speed what most designers on other platforms can't...

LOL ! :)

What is "fast" in SK?

That you need a plugin even for basic functions, wich most softs have integrated?
That you have to constantly group everything?
That it automatically splits intersecting lines & surfaces?
That it has only one viewport?
That it bools only one thing at a time?
That it has only a handful of export formats - and exports crappy?
That it slows down even strong PC, as soon as a scene grows bit?
That rounded shapes are facetted, except you fiddle around?
That you cannot even draw a freeform curve with proper control points?

I could list 100 more things here.

Dude, I´m an industrial designer with 15 years of working experience.
You say "I don't know the ... reeeeeeal power of SK... ".

Sounds like a student in the 1st semester.

SK is not "three times faster than other softs", as you naively claim.
It´s freaking slow, as soon as your work includes more than dragging and stretching some simple boxes.

2019-10-11, 04:06:18
Reply #10

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Different industry - oh well, seems you've made up your mind, no point arguing with you.

2019-10-11, 10:02:13
Reply #11

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Designerman777, calm down! If you don't like the software, that's fine, but there's absolutely no need in offending people who find it very useful.

I find your way of expressing YOUR opinion and preferences quite disturbing and annoying. Is it that hard to show a little bit respect to other forum users?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-10-11, 11:24:42
Reply #12

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Designerman777, calm down! If you don't like the software, that's fine, but there's absolutely no need in offending people who find it very useful.

I find your way of expressing YOUR opinion and preferences quite disturbing and annoying. Is it that hard to show a little bit respect to other forum users?

Sorry Romulus, WHY is describing the "specs of a software and my personal experience with it "offending" ?

While the other guy, telling me "hey man, you don't know the power of that software, etc." -
I could also interpret his behavior as "offense". But I DON´T !
We are grown ups, not in kindergarten - and exchanging experiences, using a critical tone towards a SOFTWARE ! (not the person), should be possible here.

Don't you think, that there might be pople out there who are glad to read about a soft, before maybe buying it?

Are you personally not glad, when someone in the Corona forum warns you about a low quality CPU cooler, you otherwise would have purchased?
Should all of us who bought that cooler then be... offended?

2019-10-11, 11:34:40
Reply #13

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Absolutely, everyone are free to discuss about software and other things in the forum, but please try to express yourself without offending others. I'm getting tired of reports where people complains about your posts.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-10-11, 11:34:59
Reply #14

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Different industry - oh well, seems you've made up your mind, no point arguing with you.

Btw. apologies for having called you a "first semester". Was my reaction to your "you don't know this and that".
Shall everyone be happy with his software of choice. And if it´s good for your tasks... I am glad.