Author Topic: Apoco77 House  (Read 44565 times)

2016-09-14, 18:19:40
Reply #60

Pixel Folks

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Pixel Folks
Corona daily build 1.5 already has glare and flare implemented, and it seems really good, anyway I wish we could have something more similar to fstorm tonemapping.

this is a test I made with 1.5

2016-09-15, 17:30:16
Reply #61

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just had a quick look at the F-Storm gallery and I am completely amazed by how photographic the renders look!

I had a look too, and it struck me that there are almost no exteriors, and the few there are hold very low quality compared to the rest. (In my humble view of course  :)

Most of the the good ones are done by a few artists, and this always seems to happen with new technology. A few early pros dominates the scene making everything look great, was the same when Maxwell was new. I'm sure the tool is good, but there are a ton of great imagery in the Corona gallery as well.

2016-09-16, 19:20:49
Reply #62

art-MIXER

• Active Users
  • Design wizard
    • View Profile
    • Blog CGi
I love competition - it has come up with wonderful ideas and better products for the end user )

Give tone mapping and the set of predefined LUT, as in FStorm! )))

I think FStorm a good prospect, pity that he does on the GPU, but it gives all the cards in the hands of the Corona render, to use the best ideas and practices from different render engines, including FStorm )
« Last Edit: 2016-09-16, 20:32:16 by art-MIXER »
Design is magic

2016-09-22, 05:14:17
Reply #63

daddah

• Active Users
    • View Profile
HOKAGE LEVEL!

2016-09-22, 10:15:23
Reply #64

BishopDesigns

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow!!!...incredible to say the least 👏....amazing details...welldone
Talent is never enough...never stop improving :)

2016-10-03, 13:01:27
Reply #65

ACGI

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Arteconi CGI
Hi Zuliban,

Impressive work. I wanted to ask you a couple of questions.

What did you use Nuke for?
1- Shader Rebuilding compositing passes
2- Tone Mapping
3- Glares?
4- Grading

I'd like to understand if you've done the tone mapping directly in Corona or in Nuke.
I have used a gizmo in past that reproduces the Corona tonemapping tool plus Filmic Curve response. it is pretty good so I guess you've exported the linear renders...

I am amazed by the glares and was curious to know if you have built your own gizmo to achieve them or used any ready made stuff.
I think the Corona glares weren't available yet.

Thanks,

Giacomo.

2016-11-15, 02:05:31
Reply #66

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
Hi zuliban,

I wanted to ask about your texturing workflow in Photoshop since you used it 90% for this project. How did you texture edges having wear, tear or chips if there is a uv seam in Photoshop? Do u use a 3d painting software to paint these details?
Marvelous work btw :)

2016-11-15, 07:57:18
Reply #67

zuliban

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, Melviso i use most of the time zbrush , 3d coat is a good alternative too i just create a brush and paint over with a similar texture near the seam to make them seamless.

2016-11-15, 10:16:52
Reply #68

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
Ok. Thanks for the info :}

« Last Edit: 2016-11-15, 22:48:58 by melviso »

2016-11-18, 07:42:43
Reply #69

exr

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is super impressive! To get back on the tone mapping points, how did you handle that in Nuke, with ArionFX, custom gizmos etc.? Cheers, you should sell the entire project, people would definitely pay to learn from it, like Benoit did: http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/975023?referral=BBB3viz
« Last Edit: 2016-11-18, 18:10:03 by exr »

2016-11-18, 23:19:48
Reply #70

zuliban

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, for tone mapping all is custom made its hard to explain i think i would need a video to do it i move more than 100 settings to archive my desired result but i guess this is just my style and it could be resumed in less steps by someone else in around 1 and half weeks i'll publish the tutorial for this project online .

i just try to keep images not burned and not with a ''gray'' feeling most of this is done by today renders and the way they produce colors.

EXR im just selling the assets the models of this scene right now on my turbosquid, maybe in the future i can sell the scene empty since this scene is a bit too big 1gb max scene and around 30gb textures i will need to optimize do all of them in jpg or lower the res do all mats in a more organized way and in English so everyone can understand it and so on ,this probably will take me like 2 weeks of tweaking and i will be honest alot of my friends who sell their scenes have them already pirated in less than one week so i don't want to be stressed about that and i already feel the need to move on to my next personal work.

2016-11-20, 19:05:54
Reply #71

exr

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey zuliban,

makes total sense, the assets you have on your turbosquid are absolute top notch, thanks for those, can't wait to see your tutorial, keep up the amazing work!

2016-11-23, 01:23:33
Reply #72

cullylad

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Superb. How long did it take to model this and which software do you use? Great work!