Author Topic: B.O.G.P. Puerto Natales, Chile.  (Read 3908 times)

2017-05-15, 15:57:26

FAZ

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,
Last work.
Base of glacial operations, between Patagonian ice. B.O.G.P. Puerto Natales, Chile.
Design: Nathaly Jofre Gonzalez
Year: 2017
https://www.facebook.com/FAZARQS/
https://www.behance.net/ivanzps9e49

2017-05-15, 16:59:35
Reply #1

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great lighting and mood.

However I feel like too many of your materials suffer from too much weathering. It doesn't make sense that a new building would have a weathered 50 year old looking boardwalk surrounding it. All the metal interior pieces look kinda ridiculous with all the scratches on them to be honest.

2017-05-17, 15:49:28
Reply #2

FAZ

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great lighting and mood.

However I feel like too many of your materials suffer from too much weathering. It doesn't make sense that a new building would have a weathered 50 year old looking boardwalk surrounding it. All the metal interior pieces look kinda ridiculous with all the scratches on them to be honest.

You are right, the scratches have to much bump, and with the high gloss looks exaggerated in the image of the reception.
Thanks for comment mferster .

2017-05-18, 03:33:55
Reply #3

philippelamoureux

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I wouldn't know the 1st image was a rendering if you didn't tell me. Very well done.

2017-05-24, 16:02:21
Reply #4

FAZ

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I wouldn't know the 1st image was a rendering if you didn't tell me. Very well done.
Thanks philippelamoureux ! :)

2017-05-25, 11:44:39
Reply #5

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
The first one is really beautiful, I saw it around on FB. Such a pleasant light !

I agree with the materials with mferster.. imho weathering has become sort of mannerism in cgi community where it's placed everywhere 100times stronger than reality because it looks good.

Smart words of Holy Bertrand :- ) "I find a stage where it looks good to me and then dial back 50perc."
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-05-25, 23:17:25
Reply #6

FAZ

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The first one is really beautiful, I saw it around on FB. Such a pleasant light !

I agree with the materials with mferster.. imho weathering has become sort of mannerism in cgi community where it's placed everywhere 100times stronger than reality because it looks good.

Smart words of Holy Bertrand :- ) "I find a stage where it looks good to me and then dial back 50perc."

Hi Juraj, im really agree with your comment, sometimes we are closed on when it looks good for us, and with the time, when you go back to old projects, you can unlock that and see what can be better withtout no many things.
Thanks for comment.
Regards :)