Author Topic: How to seperete Corona Light Materials in Light Mix?  (Read 4139 times)

2020-09-18, 21:37:04

vinbarg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Isn't it possible to put objects with different Corona Light Materials into seperate Light Select Element?

I tried to add an object with CoronaLightMaterial on it via (+) button in LigthSelect dialog but it doesn't add the object to the list.. and also I tried to add it with Exclude/Include option, the object is added into the list but it is still connected to Rest(Unassigned)..

2020-09-18, 21:53:10
Reply #1

vinbarg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Bend modifier caused this problem. Without modifier it works :) i solved it

2020-09-22, 06:00:30
Reply #2

MAY3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MAY3D Portfolio
I've been wondering about this, too. Where you able to re-add the bend modifier once the object had been added to the LightSelect element?
3D Generalist #OpenToWork

2020-09-25, 01:20:30
Reply #3

vinbarg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
finally it was not bend modifier, ... i have tured off, emit light in material settings. That caused this problem. Bend modifier was applied on plane, and it works now.

2020-09-25, 17:05:15
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Corona Light Materials with "emit light" option disabled and Corona Materials with self-illumination enabled cannot be added to the LightSelect elements. They always end up in the "Rest" part of LightMix.
We already have a feature request for this logged in our tracker as it makes perfect sense (e.g. you may want to control the directly visible part of your light source, which is not emitting any light).

(Internal ID=296119376)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-10-04, 15:30:18
Reply #5

tuami

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona Light Materials with "emit light" option disabled and Corona Materials with self-illumination enabled cannot be added to the LightSelect elements. They always end up in the "Rest" part of LightMix.
We already have a feature request for this logged in our tracker as it makes perfect sense (e.g. you may want to control the directly visible part of your light source, which is not emitting any light).

(Internal ID=296119376)

Are there any updated plans to integrate it? thanks

2024-02-08, 12:43:23
Reply #6

Robwan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure if this has been thought of or how relevant it is to the initial poster’s need for this function, but here's a hacky work around (for simple geo) which I have working in a very basic scene.

Duplicate your geo (just the part which will have a light material over the top)
Apply a push modifier at 0.1 or something tiny (so the faces don't fight)
Apply a corona light material to the duplicated geo but make sure 'Occlude other lights' is unticked

Generate your lightmix and you should now have a separate lightmix element which can be turned on and off but does not block the material underneath.

see gif attatched

I had to figure this out because I needed to create metallic materials which then light up in animation manually using after effects and lightmix passes. This avoided having to do two renders.