Author Topic: v7 - render region BUG  (Read 3352 times)

2014-07-02, 15:44:03

3DHighModel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I report a problem I've noticed.
We talk about the final version 7.

I do a render, I produce the total image and save it.
If then, however, on that same image, the same VFB, I make a region and then save the image, I do not know why, but is saved only the region and the rest of the image is saved with a black background.

This could be a problem because it forces you to be able to save the image after various tests, to recalculate the entire image.

I am attaching two pictures to make you understand.
What's the problem?
Thank you

2014-07-04, 23:31:33
Reply #1

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
 Hi, that happens to me too from time to time and not only in a7 but even some 2 months ago using then dated dailies and so on, in my case this strange behavior is cured by restarting max and reloading the scene, yet I don't think that's some memory insufficiency related problem as it does happen even in scenes crunching no more than something around 15gb of ram of which I got 64gb. Still it does happen, even if very rarely and in most cases when I do a lot of test renders without restarting max, which I think is not too clever to do when using corona, vray or any other renderer :) - actually if I think about it, it is no more frequent than 1 time a week given 10-14 (or more sometimes) hours of work per day so I didn't report it as a bug cause I thought that's just my pc misbehaves, given the windows is more than two years old without reinstalling it and is probably infested by some cleverly hidden viruses, tojans and other "pleasant" little things which come with the windows living for so long :)

2014-07-09, 15:47:00
Reply #2

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
Came by to report this also this morning. Same thing happened to me today, will only save the updated region instead of the whole rendered window. Same with any passes.

2014-07-10, 09:56:32
Reply #3

alessandro deana

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • de-cube
It happens to me too.
Alessandro Deana | de-cube it !
www.de-cube.it
www.facebook.com/decubeit

2014-07-12, 23:23:22
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Fixed
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-07-14, 08:34:52
Reply #5

3DHighModel

• Active Users
    • View Profile