Author Topic: Which V-Ray feature should we bring to Corona?  (Read 62242 times)

2017-10-26, 15:48:26
Reply #135

Per Bergs

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-10-26, 16:25:39
Reply #136

kosso_olli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I watched the video from the link you posted. Well, VrScans can do exactly the same. Minus the tiling part, because all the VrScans tile perfectly well from the start.
The V-Ray guy checking out Corona...

https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

2017-10-26, 16:59:46
Reply #137

Per Bergs

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for clearing that out! :)

So, that means Vrscans in Corona and buying that scanning machine from Chaosgroup for me;))
Luckily Christmas is coming :)

Cheers
Per

2017-11-04, 08:56:24
Reply #138

3drenderingservices.co.uk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 3d rendering services
100 percent the biggest issue I see that corona is missing is vray's licensing model were you buy a release and get the point releases associated with that number release. Only then paying for the next number upgrade. Your present box licensing system serves as nothing more than placating those who have no interest in subscriptions  but doing so in the most begrudging ugly fashion i.e offering no point releases over the lifetime of that number release. Neither of your current offerings(subs/box) would be acceptable to me at present for example.

Happy vray for modo user here, but always curious with what corona is doing.Hope some good changes come from your acquisition, congrats on becoming part of choas group its a great move imho.

Wow, that's a biggy.....

I'm currently trialling Corona and am confident I'll end up purchasing it (well I was until I read your comment) - so if I've understood you correctly, I wouldn't now go and purchase a boxed version (my preference is always to purchase, never to rent), if it didn't also entitle me to any updates / fixes in between major releases......

Definitely agree that this needs refining (imho).

« Last Edit: 2017-11-04, 09:02:03 by 3drenderingservices.co.uk »

2017-11-04, 13:05:36
Reply #139

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. I would recommend that you take a look at Coronas website yourself regarding this. You can expand a Box license with an upgrade subscription.

2017-11-05, 06:49:17
Reply #140

3drenderingservices.co.uk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 3d rendering services
Hi. I would recommend that you take a look at Coronas website yourself regarding this. You can expand a Box license with an upgrade subscription.

Yes, you were right to advise that, as basically Photomg1 was wrong.

A perpetual licence version of corona would suit me perfectly as I would then only pay a relatively small yearly maintenance fee to keep current.

2018-02-01, 14:11:12
Reply #141

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Compatybility with plugin Vray Pattern
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2018-02-02, 17:57:00
Reply #142

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile

Already tried, although the plugin has "Vray" in name, it is not created nor developed by chaosgroup, so they cannot help us here :(
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-02-11, 13:32:42
Reply #143

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
_Glossy fresnel
_Cryptomatte
_Masking elements visible in reflections/refractions
_Coated material
_Deep exr
_2D displacement (planned)
_OSL support
_caustics (planned)
_Working env. overrides
_ Ondra and Vlado scanned 3d models for material preview
« Last Edit: 2018-02-11, 13:40:57 by Fluss »

2018-02-12, 09:42:24
Reply #144

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de
- VrayClipper Objects
- multi-matte elements with option for refraction and reflection in materials

I did some feature Request before - but as you asked so nicely :D

2018-03-11, 08:47:55
Reply #145

DPS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have a few suggestions

1) Would be great if the bump map had the ability to specify bump amount in scene units. I think vray must normalize the input map to be able to do this.
2) 2D displacement
3) Auto normal mapping during displacement
4) Toon shader - the workarounds don't look decent enough IMO.
5) I wish the Warp texture would work - this was one of the reasons I switched from mental ray to Vray. Third party shaders seemed to just work. It seems to work as expected sometimes but no others. An incredibly useful map IMO.
6) GPU lens effects and denoising.
7) As far as I can tell, within Corona, materials don't display in viewport at high res regardless of viewport properties?
Specs: AMD 1950X, Aorus Gaming 7 x399, 64GB RAM, 1080ti. Win10, Max 2017, Corona 1.7.3

2019-02-06, 10:24:33
Reply #146

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott

Already tried, although the plugin has "Vray" in name, it is not created nor developed by chaosgroup, so they cannot help us here :(

Well, I understand that, appreciate your response.
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2019-02-06, 14:23:01
Reply #147

sirio76

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if this have been already suggested but it would be extremely useful to have adaptive lighting in Corona. Using this in Vray I'm able to render scene with thousand of lights basically without any slowdown.

2019-02-06, 20:56:35
Reply #148

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if this have been already suggested but it would be extremely useful to have adaptive lighting in Corona. Using this in Vray I'm able to render scene with thousand of lights basically without any slowdown.

I believe the new light solver does this or at least i remember reading about probabilistic lighting somewhere here.
I think you have to check the box but it might be default in v2. I think in v3 its standard

2019-02-06, 21:03:20
Reply #149

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Still needs checking in Corona 3, off by default until Corona 4 (when we do some last fine tuning and fixing of bugs and edge cases).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us