Author Topic: Corian Kitchen  (Read 2197 times)

2014-06-01, 23:06:58

chopmeister

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Polymachine
Hi Guys,

This is my first post here, and I'm completely new to Corona. I'm a long time 3dsmax user (I use mentalray).

I got a rush job a few days ago to do a series of renders for a small kitchen, and I took the plunge and tried Corona instead of my usual workflow. And I must say I'm really impressed with the results and ease of use. Simply amazing.

The clients wanted their current Gaggenau appliances in the new kitchen so I had to model them, and the main feature is that mostly everything is made of Corian, so it appears as a single block, no seams anywhere. And also no handles due to a push-to-open system. All in all they had specific appliances, chairs, table, lamp, and tiles which had to be custom modeled and textured. The rest is run-of-the-mill stuff. All work was done in only two days, and in that time, I'm very satisfied with the results, mostly thanks to Corona. I'm officialy a fan.

Renders were PT+HD, around 2 hrs on one  i7 + one AMD X8 @ 2500x1400px.

Comments and suggestions always welcome. :)

2014-06-01, 23:35:23
Reply #1

yagi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i agree, very nice results but im not sure about the arrangement .....i rarely see burners or electric cookers at the window(there's a technical reason i believe) and having the oven at the corner where i can barely work and walk-in comfortably standing btw 2 opposite surfaces may be hazardous in my opinion.

2014-06-02, 02:29:41
Reply #2

chopmeister

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Polymachine
Hi, well, no, there shouldn't be a problem with the hob at the window. I've seen it dozens of times. And the oven opens to the side, instead of the usual way, and the rails slide out, so it's not really all that impractical. (On a side note, I had nothing to do with the design itself, it was provided by an architectural office).
« Last Edit: 2014-06-02, 05:07:25 by chopmeister »