Author Topic: Have different stop and play buttons for full render and interactive render  (Read 1429 times)

2021-06-02, 22:37:52

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I find sometimes when my PC is under full load with a complex scene, having to click and hold the stop button to bring the drop down menu up to cancel the IR can be problematic and the UI lags with the potential of hitting stop instead. The problem with hitting stop is that it will save over a previously saved file which can be disastrous. Not sure why full render and IR share the same button set and stopping IR will trigger a save out of all the passes rather than just cancel it?

2021-06-03, 14:15:24
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I just tried this in 3ds Max 2021:
- set up a valid output path in Render Setup > Common
- start production rendering (F9)
- press the stop button in the VFB - this saves the output file as expected
- start IR
- move the camera to change the appearance of the rendered image
- press the stop button in the VFB while interactive rendering is running
The result is that the image from IR is NOT saved. It does not overwrite the previously saved output.

Could you please double check this and let me know if you are able to reproduce what you are reporting?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-06-04, 11:43:38
Reply #2

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hmm I've just tried it again myself, with multipasses as well but I can't get that behaviour of saving from IR to happen. I've been careful to always cancel for a while so it might have been an issue with an earlier release which was catching us out which has been resolved at some point. Unless I'm going mad!

Sorry for any time wasted.

I still like the idea of a dedicated separate cancel button though which would mean you dont automatically get a frame (and all its passes) saved out if you hit stop. Sometimes you just need to cancel and not want to save.