Author Topic: Caustics and Texture baking in Corona 11  (Read 583 times)

2024-03-30, 23:09:14

Dontcallmelater

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Dear Friends
Is anybody know or can help to bake a caustics from water into a textures through baking Corona 11?
As i notices there is a dots but not a real water reflection. During a rendering this dots become more transparent and light but does not transforms into a real caustic reflection.
PS. Caustics working well in interactive and production rendering.

Thank you for any info!

2024-03-31, 13:41:12
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Reflections/ refractions can't be baked to texture, since they are view angle dependant. I believe the same applies to the caustics, although i'm not entirely sure about that.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2024-03-31, 18:57:07
Reply #2

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Indeed, both phenomena are "view" dependent. Tho for second, faking VFX is easy using animated 'gobo light' texture, since human brain can't recognize 'correct' pattern (voronoi does the trick).

2024-03-31, 20:15:46
Reply #3

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hmm, caustics should definitely be made to work with baking. They depend on light position/direction, viewing angle isn't really part of how caustics are produced in an otherwise static scene, just like GI.

2024-04-01, 20:22:45
Reply #4

Dontcallmelater

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Indeed, both phenomena are "view" dependent. Tho for second, faking VFX is easy using animated 'gobo light' texture, since human brain can't recognize 'correct' pattern (voronoi does the trick).

Thanks for an IDEA, Is there any caustics gobo light?

2024-04-01, 20:23:51
Reply #5

Dontcallmelater

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hmm, caustics should definitely be made to work with baking. They depend on light position/direction, viewing angle isn't really part of how caustics are produced in an otherwise static scene, just like GI.

Thanks I will try with a blank new scene? scene crushed several times and there was some issues with black rendering screen.

2024-04-04, 04:33:43
Reply #6

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Generally, I would not have high expectations with texture baking, but it seems that the available render elements for baking in Corona give mostly the beauty (whole lighting information, including caustics), for the selected objects with the specified UV map, which I think can be used, at least to some degree, for baking.

I would go with the trial and error approach.
You can have a look at the screenshot and scene attached.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us