Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] I need help!

How to find missing vray material shaders

(1/2) > >>

HenrikH:
Hi

Since i moved from vrayforc4d to corona i have been haunted by the little window in the attachment.
Nothing strange with that, i understand why the window appears. I usually manage to convert or replace most of the materials but some times some v-ray advanced bitmaps manage to hide them self in one or several materials.

Does anyone know a quick way to find those little advanced bitmaps?

Thanks in advance.
Henrik

Beanzvision:
Hi, I'll start with the basics, do you still have VRay installed? ;)

HenrikH:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
Well, obviously I haven't because the window is telling me just that ;)

But, i have looked more into it and did find the reason why i had the problem i think. It was the material shown in the 2 screen shots.
The first thing was that originally the material had the Reflection tab not active under "basic", which makes it hard to find when you click through all the materials looking for the <VR> in the texture slot.
But i also just found out that when i don't have Vray installed and the material has a texture in the vray shader, the texture doesn't appear in the Texture Manager at all which makes it even harder to find.

One screen shot is from my new computer without vray installed and the other screen shot is from my old computer with vray installed. I was hoping not to have to install vray again so i could keep my new c4d as clean as possible.
And, it's not a big deal, usually only happens when i work quick and dirty. It would just be nice to know if there is a quick way to find those hidden shaders/textures :)

Cheers,
Henrik

(and I realize that it's more a C4D issue than a Corona issue. Actually it's not a Corona issue at all :)

martonlente:
Hello,

I've the same problem. Have you @HenrikH found any solution to the issue?

To wrap up: After running V-Ray to Corona Converter, some 'leftover' V-Ray shaders may still remain in the scene, potentially causing problems when working further. When submitting a Cinema 4D & Corona Renderer scene to a renderfarm with this issue present, the render can even break/stop completely because the farm might get confused by a Corona scene also having V-Ray shaders, as happened to me many times.

Is there a way to at find and replace leftover V-Ray shaders in a Corona scene, or 'kill/purge' V-Ray shaders alltogether?

Thank you in advance,
Márton Lente

HenrikH:
Hi Martón

I'm afraid I haven't :(
I have instead changed my workflow and try to avoid converting vray materials as much as possible.

Best regards
Henrik

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version