Author Topic: Nolite  (Read 1997 times)

2024-02-05, 14:59:59

malovi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi!! I hope everyone is having a great start to the year and feeling very optimistic.
I want to share my first project of the year, it is a simple small space, but I really enjoyed doing it and practicing lighting.

NOLITE

"In the embrace of nature's grace,
where whispers weave and waters trace,
tranquility's gentle hand,
soothes the soul, where shadows stand"

Design + Archviz by: Dulce in piro
3dsmax + Corona renderer

https://www.behance.net/gallery/190534253/Nolite
www.dulceinpiro.com

2024-02-06, 11:00:28
Reply #1

STOA

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow i really love the subtle light and soft contrast. Very well done, enough decor to be cozy but not too much to destroy the idea of a simple less is more space. Congrats!

Could you talk about the lighting and tonemapping? I am curious how did you light the space so evenly but also keeping a sunlight and also keeping a nice contrast in the darker materials.
Would love to hear your tips.

2024-02-06, 12:59:53
Reply #2

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Killer carpet :- )
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2024-02-06, 18:03:40
Reply #3

John.McWaters

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JohnMcWaters.com
Absolutely perfect. Thank you for sharing.

Damn

2024-02-12, 21:23:54
Reply #4

malovi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow i really love the subtle light and soft contrast. Very well done, enough decor to be cozy but not too much to destroy the idea of a simple less is more space. Congrats!

Could you talk about the lighting and tonemapping? I am curious how did you light the space so evenly but also keeping a sunlight and also keeping a nice contrast in the darker materials.
Would love to hear your tips.

Hi, thank you so much!

Your message corresponds exactly to what I have been practicing in the last months. To be able to keep a balance between what is illuminated and what has shadow and at the same time to maintain an even tone and not to be stained "yellow" by the sunlight.

The scene is lit with a corona sky with very little saturation and a very soft corona sun, something like 0.005 of intensity and 5500 kelvin temp.

Attached is an image of the tonemapping, in conclusion I have left most of the options disabled, and the overall tone of the image is actually handled with the sky tone that I have previously set. The strong and sharp contrasts were adjusted with the tone curve option.

And as a personal tip, spending some time on the floor and wall textures will improve the final results. I don't like to use luts either, I find that they alter the naturalness of the light or I don't know if it's a problem with my eyes jajaja :P

Thanks c:

2024-02-14, 17:36:17
Reply #5

John.McWaters

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JohnMcWaters.com
Do you always crank your highlight compression to 999?

2024-02-15, 13:57:51
Reply #6

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Its over 9000 !!!!
Thanks for sharing a bit of your work, a time ago render settings were kept close to the chest like treasure maps...  Great images

2024-02-15, 17:11:02
Reply #7

tiagosaraivacg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • tiagosaraivacg
great images overall.. loving the natural lightning! Can I ask how you made that carpets? they look great even close up!

keep the good work! :)

2024-02-15, 20:57:22
Reply #8

malovi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Do you always crank your highlight compression to 999?

Hi Jack! Normally I move between 12-999, however from 40 onwards the difference is almost no longer noticeable, thank you c:

2024-02-15, 20:59:43
Reply #9

malovi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Its over 9000 !!!!
Thanks for sharing a bit of your work, a time ago render settings were kept close to the chest like treasure maps...  Great images

Jajaja That scene is one of my favorites!

It's definitely just numbers, today corona is already too optimized to move just a couple of things, muchas gracias!!!

2024-02-15, 21:04:07
Reply #10

malovi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
great images overall.. loving the natural lightning! Can I ask how you made that carpets? they look great even close up!

keep the good work! :)

Thank you so much Tiago! It is created with corona scatter and i used a couple of maps in the rotation and scale option to create variations, the secret is to create good fibers to distribute them, i'm still practicing how to model them :P, thank you so much!

2024-02-26, 18:37:40
Reply #11

nwiz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, beautiful work! Lighting looks awesome! very soft and calm.
Can you share how did you make the curtain material?
Much appreciated
:)
« Last Edit: 2024-02-26, 18:41:27 by nwiz »

2024-03-15, 08:31:34
Reply #12

3dleodesign

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi, very very beautiful scence
I have some question
If you please answer or not answer, that's fine.
Can you share how did you make edge of object like a red and green
best regards

2024-03-15, 08:47:46
Reply #13

mase

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have some question
best regards

It's called chromatic abberation and is usually done in post-processing software like Photoshop. You can find countless tutorials online how to do it, and if done correctly it can add realism to the render as it mimics color distortion in traditional photography. It's quite minimal in this project and thus helps to sell the images, however many artists like to crank it all the way up and it can really ruin a nice render so go easy with it.

2024-03-15, 09:30:51
Reply #14

3dleodesign

• Users
    • View Profile
I have some question
best regards

It's called chromatic abberation and is usually done in post-processing software like Photoshop. You can find countless tutorials online how to do it, and if done correctly it can add realism to the render as it mimics color distortion in traditional photography. It's quite minimal in this project and thus helps to sell the images, however many artists like to crank it all the way up and it can really ruin a nice render so go easy with it.

Thankyou so much