Author Topic: How does Corona Core looks like?  (Read 5864 times)

2013-09-18, 15:45:42

Oltskul

• Active Users
  • "Whoa, that is lot of boxes!" Adam West
    • View Profile
And little bit of looks inside to Corona..

I have litterraly NO IDEA, what is going on in Corona. Is Corona Core some equation? Some sort of whole bunch of equations?

Please Keymaster, shine some inside of this magic upon us!

It is not about some particular stuff. But in some sort of gerenely speaking.

Thanks Oltskul!
Corona is like some king of addictive game... "Just one... More... Render... Before... Then i will do something... Useful"

HALT!Ausnahmezeit

2013-09-18, 16:16:18
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
the core is a solver of the rendering equation. It solves the equation by using the Monte Carlo method. The equation is basically "color of a pixel is an integral of all light path contributions". Integral means sum of infinite number of infinitely small parts (light paths). Monte Carlo works by randomly selecting some samples (light paths), calculating their contribution (BRDF sampling, light sampling, ray tracing), and averaging the results. If a highly contributing path is randomly selected, the pixel is bright, if the path is occluded, the pixel is dark (random noise). With more samples added, multiple random bright and random dark paths average to the correct solution.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-09-18, 16:33:45
Reply #2

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
So though not without the Monte Carlo ...
I'm upset.
sorry for my english

2013-09-18, 16:35:13
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
what?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-09-18, 16:39:14
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Keymaster, I don't want to manage your personal information ;) but you could drop links to your master and bachelor thesis somewhere here. Reading it is really enlightening in some points. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-09-18, 16:40:39
Reply #5

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
I was more than confident that Corona using Bruteforce Pathtrace with some optimization. ;)
sorry for my english

2013-09-18, 16:56:38
Reply #6

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I was more than confident that Corona using Bruteforce Pathtrace with some optimization. ;)
ehm, monte carlo is exactly the "bruteforce pathtrace"

2013-09-18, 18:12:28
Reply #7

Oltskul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
OK-ish O_o  got the basic idea...

that Rendering Equation.. It is only one of these? And how many Ancient Aliens Magical Hyeroglps does it contain?

And all those functions you write, are "way how to" handle light sample?
Corona is like some king of addictive game... "Just one... More... Render... Before... Then i will do something... Useful"

HALT!Ausnahmezeit

2013-09-18, 21:08:20
Reply #8

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Rendering equation is really simple:

2013-09-18, 22:39:12
Reply #9

Oltskul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Rendering equation is really simple:

and this equation is THE Only one? IE in V-ray, octane and so on... or everybody tweak it in their own way?

HALT!Ausnahmezeit

2013-09-18, 22:43:41
Reply #10

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
this is the basic principle, it is similar to the way all realtime 3D engines use the same projection matrix, you can implement its solver in very different ways. But yes, this is what every unbiased renderer computes