Author Topic: Sharp objects in reflections with bokeh  (Read 281 times)

2024-04-07, 02:56:34

Brovar64

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMMERSIVE
Hey! I have a problem, but i'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature :D

The problem is when I render with bokeh enabled, objects in reflections stay sharp, but the rest is blurred (as on the attached fragment). Is there a way to fix it? Because I have no idea how

2024-04-07, 09:43:30
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I'm afraid there's no way to "fix" it because that's how it works in real world and Corona being a physical render, tries to use as little non-physical cheats as possible.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2024-04-07, 10:03:31
Reply #2

Tom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm not sure why you enable bokeh if you don't want things to be blurred: bokehs appear in out of focus areas of the image. These areas are blurred, as Romullus said, this is how it works in real life.
That being said, if you want less blur you can play with the DOF so that out of focus areas are less prevalent.

2024-04-07, 10:50:29
Reply #3

Brovar64

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMMERSIVE
I'm afraid there's no way to "fix" it because that's how it works in real world and Corona being a physical render, tries to use as little non-physical cheats as possible.

Yes, my apologies, it was late at night and I was exhausted and it made absolutely no sense to me at the time xD Today I tested it with my real camera and it works as it is on the render... This topic can be closed, sorry for the inconvenience 

2024-04-07, 11:09:06
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
No worries, you're not the first person, nor the last one who gets confused by this phenomena :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2024-04-07, 15:25:13
Reply #5

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
If for artistic reasons you don't want this (and this could be requested by your clients as well), you can bypass this with z-depth mask based blur in post-production (even native Photoshop Lens Blur takes z-depth map).
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2024-04-08, 04:11:58
Reply #6

Tom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've never noticed the possibility of loading a ZDepth map in the native PS Lens Blur filter, thanks for that @Juraj.
Anyway I prefer using the new Lens Blur feature in Camera Raw, have you tried it? It's pretty awesome. Unfortunately you can't load a ZDepth map with it, but so far I found it sufficient for my needs, at least for exteriors with just a tiny bit of DOF. It may not work as well with interiors with strong DOF though, where you may prefer using the Corona Camera DOF.

2024-04-08, 09:38:57
Reply #7

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Had no idea CameraRaw has any feature :- ) The native PS version isn't on level of Frischluft, the one popularized by Alex Roman but it does sufficient job. But I render blur 99perc. of time.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2024-04-08, 10:29:08
Reply #8

Tom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The beauty of the Camera Raw DOF feature is that you don't even need a ZDepth map :-)