Author Topic: News regarding old displacement bug? (0001444)  (Read 1515 times)

2017-03-21, 11:00:47

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Any news regarding this displacement bug: "0001444: Displacement continuity breaks when used in multi/sub-object material"?

I reported it back in 2015, and it's still present, and very annoying. Any schedule?

Regards

2017-03-21, 12:53:58
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
please do not create new reports for old bugs over and over again - you can ask directly on mantis. This behavior is currently by design, it will certainly not change in 1.6. We can discuss changing it in longer horizon. What is the use case for it?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-03-21, 15:22:07
Reply #2

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry. Didn't know that I could ask on Mantis - will have to find out how to do that.

The use case is pretty simple and "normal" I believe. This is a problem whenever your using/working with multi/sub-object materials where one of the materials needs displacement. In my case I work a lot with city models, where both terrain and buildings are build as large meshes with multi/sub-object materials assigned to then. In these situations it's almost impossible to use the Corona-Multimap workaround, and detaching the mesh-parts to single objects doesn't cut it either.

In earlier (Alpha) versions of Corona this wasn't a problem, so I hoped it could be fixed.

Regards