Author Topic: UVW Randomizer  (Read 1075 times)

2019-11-19, 16:32:09

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
Perhaps I'm interpreting this wrong, but under U offset, if I make the range say 0-30, shouldn't my texture be moved horizontally at a random position within this range?
Instead, my texture gets skewed/rotated at an angle it appears. No changes to the w rotation fields, and v offset works as expected. The only way I can get the horizontal shift to work is if I set the range to the same value, ie: from 30-30...but since that is a constant, I have to use multimap with several ranges.
Did I fudge this? Or is it a possible bug?

2019-11-19, 16:41:41
Reply #1

John.McWaters

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JohnMcWaters.com
I have a follow-up question regrinding the randomize.

When you set the range to say -30 to 30, does that mean it will slide the texture 30 units in whatever your units are setup for in the project? So 30 inches if your working in inches?

2019-11-19, 16:53:22
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
@steyin, works as expected here. Maybe your texture's pattern is deceiving you, so by shifting it looks that it also has rotated?

@John.McWaters, it works the same as in bitmap loader (or Corona bitmap) - when real world mapping is turned off, then offset is working in UV space, i.e. setting offset to 1, shifts entire texture to the same position as it would be when offset is 0 and when real world mapping is on, then texture shifting is performed in world units - setting it to 50, shifts texture by 50cm.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-11-19, 17:09:22
Reply #3

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
Ah, stupid mistake on my part. Had the map set to primitive, which is the only option that the distortion happens on.