Author Topic: Random Proxies-Grouped Objects disappear when sending renders to Backburner  (Read 3513 times)

2016-12-05, 15:58:40

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
My scene works perfectly fine when I render directly from it or use IR, but when I send the file to render through Backburner a few Corona proxy objects and grouped objects randomly disappear. What the heck is happening? I have a deadline tomorrow so I need to resolve this ASAP!

Using MAX 2014, Corona 1.5 HF2. Thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: 2016-12-05, 16:05:49 by steyin »

2016-12-05, 21:58:57
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
What does the asset tracker tells you about those proxies? Are the paths correctly set there? Or are they still local paths for some reason?

Good Luck

P.S.: Such a late reply for such an urgent issue, many people seem to have missed this.

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-12-05, 22:49:45
Reply #2

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
What does the asset tracker tells you about those proxies? Are the paths correctly set there? Or are they still local paths for some reason?

Good Luck

P.S.: Such a late reply for such an urgent issue, many people seem to have missed this.

AT doesn't really say anything. They seem fine in the list (everything is on a network drive).

I've been re-rendering areas with region render for each image. Going slow but I'm nearly done. Initially I detached the XREF of the file that had the missing proxies/groups and reattached which resolved the ones that were disappearing, but then other proxies/groups started going missing. Quite odd, but I really need to figure this out for the next project to avoid it from happening again.

2016-12-05, 23:36:53
Reply #3

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
So the missing ones were part of an xref file? Glad at least to read that you´ve been comming to an end.

Had no problems yet with xref files - can only remember this corona bug with xref material https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,12208.msg78688.html#msg78688 and another with ForestPro (reported to Itoo and resolved now).

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-12-06, 00:22:10
Reply #4

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
Its odd, I restarted backburner after not using it all day and sent a view to render just to see, and now everything is working properly (so far). Hopefully the next one goes through also.

2016-12-06, 13:41:59
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
So this seems to be random, right? Could be solely a Backburner issue?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-12-06, 21:13:29
Reply #6

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
So this seems to be random, right? Could be solely a Backburner issue?

I'm thinking so. No problems with the file since I restarted BB yesterday afternoon. Never had this happen before. I initially thought it was a memory issue, yet I didn't have any warnings and I wasn't even using half of my RAM. Chalk it up to a rare oddity I suppose.

I started looking into BB bugs, and it seems that to avoid some issues one should start Manager first, then Server (not vice versa). I never thought the order mattered, but many people seem to have an adapter error when starting the apps in the wrong sequence (happened to me also previously).

The best part of everything is that Autodesk either:

A - doesn't know about many bugs or can't reproduce them
B - they don't care.

I found a thread on their forums from 2013 about several BB issues, and then later in 2015 nothing had been addressed still. Can't say I'm not surprised.