Author Topic: Corona Map Output - Use photographic exposure mode in Color mapping  (Read 3625 times)

2014-06-25, 10:56:21

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Hi

Corona Map Output doesn't work with "Use photographic exposure" mode in Color mapping.

My backplate in the direct visibility override slot was still affected by colour mapping.
When I disabled "Use photographic exposure",  the backplate wasn't affected anymore.

cheers

Johan

Edit: I made use of Alpha 7 RC 1 build

2014-06-25, 11:00:38
Reply #1

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
You have to re-render in order to see the changes. It does not propagate in realtime.

If it, even after re-rendering does not work the way it should, then it's indeed a bug :)

2014-06-25, 11:15:21
Reply #2

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Hi Rawalance

yes, I re-rendered

Another thing, but this is maybe not a bug:
-If I do not use "photographic exposure mode" but the default color mapping with the "Corona Map Output without the Affect colour mapping unflagged", if I change the EV value, the back plate is slightly affected as well. This is not what I expect when I try to match lightning conditions on my model with the backplate.

Secondly (more a feature request):
- Show  the values of the color mapping by photographic exposure  aswell in the frame buffer, just like the default colour mapping.

2014-06-25, 12:13:19
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yep, I will change the way this behaves in the future
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-12-10, 17:14:51
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
now working as expected
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)