Author Topic: Corona Glass Material  (Read 1373 times)

2022-06-13, 11:24:11

zilviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, I have a strange final result with a new CoronaPhysicalMaterial. What can be the reason? It gives different results & more noise with the same settings. Thanks

2022-06-13, 11:30:58
Reply #1

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, I have a strange final result with a new CoronaPhysicalMaterial. What can be the reason? It gives different results & more noise with the same settings. Thanks
New PhysicalMaterial implies a relationship between the glossiness of reflection and glossiness of refraction, in this case both are equal to 0.8, in the first case with CoronaLegacymat the glossiness of refraction is equal to 1.0

2022-06-13, 11:39:59
Reply #2

zilviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
New PhysicalMaterial implies a relationship between the glossiness of reflection and glossiness of refraction, in this case both are equal to 0.8, in the first case with CoronaLegacymat the glossiness of refraction is equal to 1.0

Thank you. How can I get a similar effect? Is there any workaround?

2022-06-13, 12:47:37
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You can use clearcoat to add glossy reflection to your glass material.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-06-13, 12:58:38
Reply #4

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Thank you. How can I get a similar effect? Is there any workaround?

You can't achieve exactly the same effect using the new CoronaPhysicalMaterial, meaning that in real life if you roughen the surface of a refractive object to get blurry reflections, the refraction itself will also be blurry.

You can set the glossiness value to 1.0 and add a clearcoat layer on top with a glossiness value of 0.8, but keep in mind that the 2 reflections will overlap each other and the result will not be identical to the first, so just use the old CoronaLegacy Material