Author Topic: Chaos Cosmos  (Read 2339 times)

2022-06-06, 13:04:01

steppes

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi All!

First Is want to say, that I love Corona 8 and that I am very thankful for the Chaos Cosmos. This is very generous to give these assets away for free!

BUT (Isn't there allways a "but"):

I think these assets should be perfect and follow all the rules, that you teached us! There are vegetation models using metallic materials, most plants do not use transparency in petalleaves or leaves, whites are almost far far to bright. And so on.

If you provide "ready to use models", which, as said, is very generous, these models should really be ready to use.

Thanx!

Steppes

2022-06-06, 13:41:13
Reply #1

johnnyswedish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Steppes,

I have noticed this as well. Glad you said something. Easy to fix but yes, I agree with you on this :-) John

2022-06-06, 14:35:10
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You'll be happy to know that this issue is logged and we will take a look into it :) This is not actually a problem with the "source" of things in Cosmos, but in how they are read into Corona, so it is something we can look into hopefully improving.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-06-07, 08:41:59
Reply #3

steppes

• Active Users
    • View Profile
sounds great! Thanks!

2022-06-07, 11:12:08
Reply #4

piotrus3333

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You'll be happy to know that this issue is logged and we will take a look into it :) This is not actually a problem with the "source" of things in Cosmos, but in how they are read into Corona, so it is something we can look into hopefully improving.

same issues with Cosmos assets in VRay. considering it’s a freebie - still ok.
Marcin Piotrowski
youtube

2022-06-07, 13:22:22
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
It would be ok, if one could edit asset's materials to his liking and store those edits for re-use in other projects. Sadly i find Chaos Cosmos unusable in its current form.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-06-07, 13:59:02
Reply #6

piotrus3333

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It would be ok, if one could edit asset's materials to his liking and store those edits for re-use in other projects. Sadly i find Chaos Cosmos unusable in its current form.

once in the scene, Cosmos assets are yours forever. store them, modify them, do as you please.
Marcin Piotrowski
youtube

2022-06-07, 14:15:09
Reply #7

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I mean you can't store edits back in to the library. And without a library, Cosmos is just a bunch of ordinary models. Same thing with Corona material library, but at least their materials are decent from the start.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-06-07, 19:07:30
Reply #8

frv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Once you got your Cosmos assets you can make a library with edited models in the asset browser of C4D. I wasn't impressed with the asset browser before but now I have the databasesd on my local SSD its really super.

2022-06-08, 09:16:59
Reply #9

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Once you got your Cosmos assets you can make a library with edited models in the asset browser of C4D. I wasn't impressed with the asset browser before but now I have the databasesd on my local SSD its really super.

do you mean that you use a database via the new Cinema 4d Asset Browser?

2022-06-08, 15:07:25
Reply #10

frv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
C4D has a new asset browser system now. You need to look at the tutorial video's a bit to understand how it works. But then its very practical. Any assets from Chaos I edit I just add to C4D asset browser.