Author Topic: can i use Corona 8 and vray 5 together with 2 chaos lic servers? or do i need to  (Read 2175 times)

2022-03-04, 09:03:44

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

before testing the new beta 8 with chaos lic, i need to make sure all works, and to understand the process of the license system:

i have  several vray lic under a chaos account that exists since long.
and i have corona licenses under a corona acount.

how can i use all on one chaos lic server, or do i need to run 2 different chaos servers with 2 login accounts?

i need both engines active at the same time on my machines

thanks for info!
Stefan

2022-03-04, 09:19:42
Reply #1

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
I have also same issue... two account with two different user names.

With same user me I dont think it should be any issue but with two different accounts have to log-in and log-out every time from the vray server...!

OR a option to add new username in vray license server...!

I am also waiting to test V8...!

Thanks.
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2022-03-04, 16:37:49
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
You need to have both Corona and V-Ray under the same account. If you have them under different accounts, contact us, and we will move your license from one account to the other: https://corona-renderer.com/link/contact-support
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-03-04, 18:47:09
Reply #3

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ok thanks i wrote the corona c4d support!

cheers
Stefan

2022-03-07, 20:38:06
Reply #4

edub

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You need to have both Corona and V-Ray under the same account. If you have them under different accounts, contact us, and we will move your license from one account to the other: https://corona-renderer.com/link/contact-support

well, this is quite the roadblock for some.  I have several licenses under a company name, and the team that works for me uses them with Corona - but they also personally own Vray license, and have to switch license server each time they change renderer...
I think it's a bad solution to force everyone to use only a single account...  what is the proposed solution in my case?  Surely I'm not the only one in this situation?
You should seriously consider adding the option for multiple accounts