Author Topic: Corona and 360 panoramas (cubemap)  (Read 2333 times)

2020-03-05, 16:18:09

swiat3d.net

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
I found two problems with cubemap projection in 360 panorama:

1. Bloom have some issue, I think add to wrong corner (Screenshot_5 its top face, Screenshot_6 its bottom face, other faces connect ok). Glare works fine.

2. In the place where two faces join (front, left, top, etc.), when the colors differ from each other, they interact although they shouldn't (Screenshot_7 - its bottom and right face, red arrows show cut place and on Screenshot_8 and Screenshot_5 u can see a problem with this extra thin white line)

All renders saved to .exr
If you need whole .exr render just say a word.

Cinema 4D R20 Studio + Win 7 SP1 + Corona Renderer Hotfix 2

2020-03-05, 16:34:57
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You mention "Corona Renderer hotfix 2" but not which version :) Corona Renderer 5 hotfix 2?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-03-05, 16:37:31
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Also, do you have the new High Quality filtering enabled, if you are using Corona 4 or 5? If so, try choosing Tent instead and see if that remedies the issue - the High Quality filtering has an expanded range of pixels it looks at, and there is a known issue (Internal ID=388981894) where that expands across cubemap boundaries causing blending across those seams.

2020-03-05, 16:42:41
Reply #3

swiat3d.net

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry, yes, it's version 5 off course.

In attachment my settings from "Frame buffer settings" tab.

One more thing.
I don't know if it's a bug.
When I turn off any lights in lightmix and want to save the same layer "Bloom and Glare Interactive" from Corona Image Editor, these lights appear in it despite the fact that they are turned off in lightmix.

2020-03-05, 17:13:35
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes that's the High Quality filter, with the known issue at seams of cubemaps - try swapping that to Tent and rendering for that issue.

2020-03-05, 17:48:18
Reply #5

swiat3d.net

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you, I will test it and hope it solves one problem.
I'm waiting for information about other problems.

2020-03-05, 18:11:32
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The bloom and glare render element still showing the lights would be expected as far as I know - since it's created at render time, it's based on whatever was rendered; none of the render passes update with changes to LightMix other than the LightMix pass, since only the LightMix is calculated after render completion (even the LightSelects don't change - just the LightMix changes how they are combined).