Author Topic: Corona Renderer 5 for Cinema 4D daily build  (Read 51269 times)

2019-10-22, 15:54:12
Reply #105

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Same viewport problem from windows 10

Same here, R21 windos 10

2019-10-23, 00:34:26
Reply #106

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
why does this happen? it happens in IR mode while I adjust the colors

2019-10-23, 11:00:12
Reply #107

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,
I noticed that the light with 50% direction does not appear to be visible through a glass.
I attach the scene
this with the latest build, win10 and Cinema R16
thanks

2019-10-23, 11:14:19
Reply #108

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi guys,
I noticed that the light with 50% direction does not appear to be visible through a glass.
I attach the scene
this with the latest build, win10 and Cinema R16
thanks

Hi Fabio! This is a known issue and is connected with the "Prevent black appearance" option, which fakes the light's color to be white when viewed directly, although it is physically incorrect. And the fake has to be disabled for other types of rays, otherwise the light would not be directional. But as you discovered, there are some corner cases, where it does not look good - like when the light is viewed in a mirror or through glass. It might be fixable, but it's not straightforward.

(Internal ID=223075528)

2019-10-23, 11:20:20
Reply #109

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
perfect, thanks Houska ;)

2019-10-23, 14:07:57
Reply #110

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Meantime as a workaround, use the "two lights" approach - one set not to emit light, no directionality, visible to the camera; the other casting light, with directionality, invisible to the camera (the first light here can just be geometry with a LightMtl too if you prefer, for some reason).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-10-23, 14:22:32
Reply #111

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Meantime as a workaround, use the "two lights" approach - one set not to emit light, no directionality, visible to the camera; the other casting light, with directionality, invisible to the camera (the first light here can just be geometry with a LightMtl too if you prefer, for some reason).

yes, I had already done so :)

2019-10-23, 14:30:52
Reply #112

koubankeo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Version: 5.0 daily Oct 15 2019 (core 5 (DailyBuild Oct 15 2019))

A layer shader with filter shader is very slow to set up during IR rendering.

2019-10-28, 16:43:35
Reply #113

JPeters

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Don't know if this is an issue specific to this version of Corona but:

When I plug a C4D noise in the shader as for instance diffuse, on a specific scale so it has the correct size and if I then render the image, the noise is *much* larger than it was in the viewport.

We had a similar issue months ago when we switched from Corona3 to Corona4 I believe, that suddenly the sizes of the noises were completely off when images were rendered.

Please see attached a screengrab of the noise in the viewport and the same exact noise on render-time.

2019-10-28, 20:22:40
Reply #114

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Don't know if this is an issue specific to this version of Corona but:

When I plug a C4D noise in the shader as for instance diffuse, on a specific scale so it has the correct size and if I then render the image, the noise is *much* larger than it was in the viewport.

We had a similar issue months ago when we switched from Corona3 to Corona4 I believe, that suddenly the sizes of the noises were completely off when images were rendered.

Please see attached a screengrab of the noise in the viewport and the same exact noise on render-time.

Viewport (OpenGL) and rendered noise scales are only the same when you use UV space for the noise. It's a C4D thing.

2019-10-29, 09:12:48
Reply #115

JPeters

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Viewport (OpenGL) and rendered noise scales are only the same when you use UV space for the noise. It's a C4D thing.

Odd, it used to work fine, but thanks as this indeed works as well!

2019-11-04, 13:25:10
Reply #116

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi guys,

I'm trying the version (Sep 20 2019) but it is a bit slow with the node system. Whenever I open the scene it does not completely load the materials and consequently they are not displayed during the render. Does it just happen to me?
This happens only with the node system on Cinema 4d R16 and win 10.
The last build (Daily Build 2019-10-15) from too many problems and many crashes to the preview of the materials
thanks

2019-11-04, 23:45:54
Reply #117

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
in this way I see myself forced to not be able to use the node editor of the materials, even though with a series of renderings to send in the queue, they would be wrong.
I would like to know if it is a known problem or just happens to me.
thanks

2019-11-05, 20:13:02
Reply #118

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
A nice day to you all!

Today, we are releasing another daily build. As we are nearing the official release of V5, we are concentrating on bug fixes and various other improvements. Out of these, I'd like to bring your attention to the updated Corona Proxy support. We have been getting reports of scenes being unusable because of the Corona Proxy reloading all the time. The reloading should now be fixed and we also added animation support into the proxies. Moreover, we will soon improve the loading itself in case of multiple proxies that need the same data.

Also, note that the improved OpenGL viewport has been disabled by default and there is now a new option to enable it in the Corona global preferences (it needs a restart of C4D). We did this in order to address the issues that some people had with this new feature. But we will keep improving its usability so that it can be turned on by default in the future. You are welcome to keep testing it!

Download link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EMW3qukbimXcoijLO-ypg9__B305py38

Changelog:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=26054.msg158659#msg158659

2019-11-05, 20:16:50
Reply #119

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
hi guys,

I'm trying the version (Sep 20 2019) but it is a bit slow with the node system. Whenever I open the scene it does not completely load the materials and consequently they are not displayed during the render. Does it just happen to me?
This happens only with the node system on Cinema 4d R16 and win 10.
The last build (Daily Build 2019-10-15) from too many problems and many crashes to the preview of the materials
thanks

Hi Fabio! We are aware of some node editor issues and we will be fixing them soon. If you want to upload it for us, a scene for us to debug would be great!

Otherwise, I'd suggest to check the newest daily build, because the OpenGL viewport previews have been disabled there, so there shouldn't be so many crashes anymore.