Author Topic: Corona Renderer 5 for Cinema 4D daily build  (Read 51262 times)

2019-09-11, 20:21:50
Reply #30

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Weird. I somehow totally get you guys wanting the R21 version but apart from certain 3ds Max plugins having 0-day render engine releases kind of ain't the norm. Personally I think there is still a lot  that can be done implementation wise (multi-instances?) and if R21 is late for a week or two I'm personally ok with that.

I guess its important to hear everyone's opinion though, maybe the list of priorities inside the team should change if there is enough want.
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2019-09-11, 21:51:53
Reply #31

prplmark

• Users
    • View Profile
Weird. I somehow totally get you guys wanting the R21 version but apart from certain 3ds Max plugins having 0-day render engine releases kind of ain't the norm. Personally I think there is still a lot  that can be done implementation wise (multi-instances?) and if R21 is late for a week or two I'm personally ok with that.

I guess its important to hear everyone's opinion though, maybe the list of priorities inside the team should change if there is enough want.

It's not really the wanting it now per se, I think some of us are just hoping to know when we might expect to see some news. Is it this week? Next week? Two months from now? I'd be more than happy with using the daily beta builds of 5 tbh. No one is asking the Corona Team to work faster, or without errors. Just looking forward to a date or timeline, even if it's not soon. I will wait for a year if I have to, I personally just want to know if I need to adjust my process or cancel my R21 subscription for the time being (or stop using Corona for a little bit).

Again, I love this product and the work that this team does. You all are crushing it. I am constantly trying to get other 3D artists/designers to try it. I will continue to feverishly refresh the forums for updates in the meantime :p

<3

2019-09-12, 00:03:29
Reply #32

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
@prplmark Right on, thank you for elaborating on that. So for me the takeaway here is that a lot of the "angst" (probably not the most fitting word, sorry about that) could have been avoided with some sort of a statement on how and when the R21 is expected to drop. So yeah, hopefully there is some clarification.
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2019-09-12, 14:33:21
Reply #33

katzenwaffe

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Katzenwaffe.se
I'm totally with prplmark on this topic. Seems like very vauge information about the R21 compability. I mean, Octane and U-render realeased updated plugins almost the same day as the R21 release. Even Vray for C4D has released updated plugin with this compability. An update from the very same company who bought Corona, "to make sure development would keep up even better". Kind of funny. I mean, you guys must have had all proper info and SDKs way before the R21 release - just to make sure all was fixed in time for the actual release? As your competitors?

Looking forward to the R21-release.

It's not really the wanting it now per se, I think some of us are just hoping to know when we might expect to see some news. Is it this week? Next week? Two months from now? I'd be more than happy with using the daily beta builds of 5 tbh. No one is asking the Corona Team to work faster, or without errors. Just looking forward to a date or timeline, even if it's not soon. I will wait for a year if I have to, I personally just want to know if I need to adjust my process or cancel my R21 subscription for the time being (or stop using Corona for a little bit).

Again, I love this product and the work that this team does. You all are crushing it. I am constantly trying to get other 3D artists/designers to try it. I will continue to feverishly refresh the forums for updates in the meantime :p

<3

2019-09-13, 12:27:10
Reply #34

swiat3d.net

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For me full support multi-instances it's more important future than R21 support. BTW C4D R21 for me don't have nothing special in compare to R20. I didnt extend my MSA first time :)

2019-09-13, 13:05:04
Reply #35

kod3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • KOD3D
Multishader is awesome!! for me in the IR window the bumb mapping doesn't work, only if I hit normal render, then it renders fine. Also the scene parsing is really slow in IR but very fast for normal render!
Great work!

« Last Edit: 2019-09-13, 13:11:27 by kod3d »

2019-09-13, 13:36:25
Reply #36

everyEnd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
BTW C4D R21 for me don't have nothing special in compare to R20. I didnt extend my MSA first time :)

I thought similarly, but I changed my mind. Another thing was that I had Prime versions, so for MSA 250 € (?) I got a Studio :) Many small things make it definitely cooler to work than on the previous one.

2019-09-14, 12:54:40
Reply #37

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
Sky/HDRI in multipass not working... anyone tried...?

Thanks.
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2019-09-14, 13:46:47
Reply #38

swiat3d.net

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Thanks.

Confirm. I have the same problem for sky pass, only black image.

2019-09-14, 14:33:06
Reply #39

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
Thanks for update.

Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2019-09-14, 15:10:57
Reply #40

mrittman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.mattrittman.com
Also displacement produces a “jagged” effect. I could upload a scene file, but then I’d have to re-install the v5 beta again. I’m kinda lazy lol. Let me know if you guys would prefer scene file.

2019-09-16, 01:25:24
Reply #41

frv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I do agree with the posters here that is huge frustration to wait for unknown periods of time before plugins are updated. I waited for over a year for Laubwerk to update Surface Spread for R20 and by now they seem to have given up on it. I used Maxwell for years but that was the same story. A year ago I just moved over to Corona completely.

Vray is actually completely rewritten for C4d and released  for R21. I took a look at it by the new video's the Chaos group just put on line. I think the Chaos group buying Corona has done a lot of good for Vray for C4D. I think by now Vray for C4D is just as easy to use as Corona is. The price is slightly higher but still comparable with Corona per month. I am still happy with Corona but getting interested again in Vray as of lately.

2019-09-18, 11:44:38
Reply #42

horpa

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2019-09-18, 12:24:48
Reply #43

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Thanks.

same here! i confirm this bug.

2019-09-18, 19:33:53
Reply #44

minimaldesign - Blaž

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • minimaldesign

Thanks.

same here! i confirm this bug.

same here also and denoising has no effect on lightmix pass ...denoising only cleans the beauty pass
WIN7
Cinema4d R16
Corona:
Full-speed non-debug version
Build timestamp: Aug 30 2019 13:23:38
Version: 5.0 daily Aug 30 2019 (core 5 (DailyBuild Aug 30 2019))
Cinema version: R16.051 CINEMA 4D Studio (single-license)
Plugin status: Plugin successfully loaded