Author Topic: Beta noticeably slower than Alpha  (Read 5876 times)

2018-02-08, 14:30:12

PsychoTeddy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just installed the Beta version and I have been struggling the whole morning to get the rendering going again.
I kept the same setting as Alpha version. Nothing extreme, because I was currently just rendering fast previews. On Alpha, I'd get the preview within a second or two.
With Beta I first had the problem of everything rendering black until I realized that C4D Sky element doesn't work anymore so I replaced it with COrona Sky.
Started interactive preview again and got a super pixelized preview that didn't change for 20min and then C4D crashed.
I have noticed that it keeps switching between Parsing scene and Computing sec. GI, it never actually starts going through Passes.
I'm not really sure how to fix it?

2018-02-08, 14:51:41
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Probably the fastest way to diagnose is for you to send the scene, this could be done using the private uploader if it can't be shared publicly (https://corona-renderer.com/upload)

Either way, we'd need to know more about the scene - one thing I wonder is if replacing any Corona camera tags or Corona lights might resolve the crash, in case there is some old format of data in the version saved with the Alpha?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-02-08, 14:53:19
Reply #2

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Replace old Corona tags, materials & finally create new render settings...

Similar thing (parsing-computing endless loop) happens here if i continue working on a scene made for a different engine. I must clean all residues, then IPR runs fine.

2018-02-08, 15:05:51
Reply #3

PsychoTeddy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, I'll try replacing everything and see if it works. Thank you for the advice ;)
Hope it works.

2018-02-12, 11:27:09
Reply #4

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
IR reparses the scene every time something important changes in the scene and we cannot know if it influences the way the scene should be rendered. Some 3rd party plugins periodically write some data to the scene, causing the IR to loop. Unfortunately, there's not much to be done with this. But we'll look at your scene and maybe we can fix it or at least identify the culprit.

2018-02-13, 10:30:34
Reply #5

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
You only uploaded a .jpg file with the pixelated VFB. We can't help you further without looking at your scene file, sorry.

2018-07-27, 16:49:25
Reply #6

PsychoTeddy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The problem with VFB still presists. I've changed all the materials to Corona materials.
It's not the Beta itself, because I've used it on other 3D models that were created from scratch with the Beta version and it worked fine.
Now the only way to get the preview is to render in the Render View  inside C4D.

Is there some cache to clear or something to fix this?

I've attached the Render View preview of one of the scenes
« Last Edit: 2018-07-27, 17:17:23 by PsychoTeddy »

2018-07-27, 16:56:15
Reply #7

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Most likely, we'd still really need the scene. If you could upload it, that would be very useful! Last time we only received a JPG image of the VFB, but we'd need the actual C4D scene (it won't be shared, or used for anything other than debugging). Thanks!

https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2018-07-27, 17:18:41
Reply #8

PsychoTeddy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here's one of the scenes from Render View

2018-07-27, 17:20:57
Reply #9

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Again, an image of the render doesn't have what we need to diagnose what you are experiencing - we'd really need the scene to find out what is happening in there.

2018-07-27, 17:27:28
Reply #10

PsychoTeddy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This?

2018-07-27, 17:30:31
Reply #11

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Here's one of the scenes from Render View
Hey Psycho? I know how to fix your scene. Send it here https://corona-renderer.com/upload and I'll show you!

Save your scene with assets: File > save project with assets.... Zip what you just saved, then send it to us.
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2018-07-27, 17:32:45
Reply #12

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
This?

Nope. Has to be the actual .c4d file (with any relevant assets for texture maps etc.). There's nothing we can diagnose from an image, whether that's a render or screen capture, sorry. We won't be able to help further without the scene being sent along.

2018-07-27, 17:33:57
Reply #13

PsychoTeddy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yeah you should've clarified what "scene" means because I'm not familiar with the lingo.

2018-07-27, 17:36:02
Reply #14

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!